Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
It is, and I believe I addressed that in my above post to you?

Either way, it's an entertaining and well thought-out show. It's not Pinter and it clearly isn't supposed to be. It's just a TV show designed to make as many people like it as possible. Which obviously means it isn't catered towards hypercriticism and won't stand up to it... so why bother? Just enjoy the good parts, fuck.

Also your friend who said "don't try to tell me that trash was art" is a pretentious douchebag. They watched it, and had fun. It's art, that's what art does.
You did address it, my apologies for not explicitly referencing you.

I understand that you find the show entertaining, and I have also found the show to be entertaining, but not entertaining enough to keep me watching. I feel like I've explained that in ten different ways.

There's a difference between pretentious and discerning. There's a difference between art and entertainment. It's clear that you don't think so, you generally criticize almost anything I say, and you believe you are the final authority, so we are at an impasse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.