View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 AM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

I haven’t been a member on this board for years, but I feel like this is the right place to share my thoughts and feelings right now...

I feel heartbroken about Yauch’s death, and it made me realize how much he meant to me. I’m 22 (born the same year PB came out) and have been a BB fan since I was around 10. They’ve been one of my favorite groups all along, and Adam inspired and influenced me in so many different and positive ways when I grew up, and I believe he will continue to. Looking back, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I feel very thankful knowing that I am what I am partly because of Yauch and everything the Beastie Boys are about. Adam taught me so much by simply being the wonderful person he was. He seemed like a truly genuine person.

I’m glad I got the chance to see the Beasties twice in concert and meet Yauch after the first show, in May 2004 when I was only 14. He signed my CYH cd (one of my favorite albums ever) and I said “Thank you for everything”, because even at that young age, he had already touched my life.

While I feel heartbroken, it feels good to see all the comments on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, this board and many other places on how much Yauch will be missed, because I honestly didn’t know that he touched that many people’s lives. I’m proud to be one of them.

My thoughts and prayers are with Yauch and his friends and family. I feel so sad, but I know I’m not alone.

Adam, I will always love you. Thank you for everything.

Last edited by alexandra_ : 05-05-2012 at 03:54 AM.