View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Default Re: The Yauch Tape: An Anthology of MCA

Must we compare them? For me, all three represent Beastie Boys - and even without MCA, the Beasties are still alive. Maybe they won't tour any more, maybe they won't make records any more, but they're still alive. Yes, I've always found AdRock's voice the most distinctive and unusual of the three, this doesn't mean that MCA's voice was not important. Or replaceable. I hope they find somebody who's not filling in his role, but somebody who is an individual as well. It has always been not the copycats, but the whole new individuals, saving great bands when it seems that there is no future without the original member (just think of AC/DC and Alice in Chains, especially the later).

A "wise saying" by a Bulgarian khan says "Man, even if he lives good, dies, and another is born". I find this pretty much the case of MCA. He lived a good life, and death is inevitable - it just that it came too early. This doesn't mean that somewhere out there there isn't anyone who can get his pair of shoes, not to replace him or to fill his role on stage, but to contribute his love to the Beastie Boys, the same way that MCA did.

On topic, this is a great mix to celebrate Adam's life. The granny pic just made me burst into laughter, and there are some track I haven't heard previously.