View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Re: TISFWO, TT5B and HSCPT2 Vinyl Re-Issue

Yup, all the previous vinyl versions have that track listing with Futtermans Rule and without Lighten Up and Namaste.

In addition to the yellow vinyl limited release of 5000, there was also a regular black release as part of the first pressing too. This wasn't a numbered, limited edition, but was an original pressing that had the same track listing. Then the reissue in '98 had the same listing as well and came only in black.

I didn't expect these reissues at all, but now that we have them, I'm kind of wondering why they didn't reissue other albums that could use a re-boot. The Mix Up has never been reissued, but then again, it's still cheap on Discogs and other places, so maybe they figured there wasn't much demand. Aglio e Olio came out the same year as The In Sound From Way Out ('95), and to me has always had the most frustrating vinyl history of all the major releases. To my knowledge, there was only ever a Canadian vinyl release and they can be pretty pricey today. Then there was the Australian 2x7" polycarbonate lathe-cut release, but those are crazy expensive and don't sound very good.

I also think Aglio e Olio would do well for a reissue because it could be remastered really well. Since it was an instrument-based punk rock album, I bet there's a lot more they can do with those original tapes as opposed to hip-hop releases where you're remastering samples that can't really be remastered.

So yeah...... Capitol execs..... I've got $30 with your name on it for an Aglio e Olio remaster (maybe on white vinyl????)