View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Beastie Boys Music - New Hits LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
Getting panned from all directions lol. They trying to fulfill contractual obligations or something lol? Fan base clamoring for unreleased vault stuff so the label decides instead to give us what we already have.

Maybe the vault stuff really sucks like Horovitz always seems to suggest

You're probably right that this has more to do with the label that the band, although that's just a guess. The label wants to make money, and Beastie Boys are no longer a band that can really produce a new album, so why not "cash in" on a new fan base?

It sucks, but business decisions are what labels care about. I mean, I'd love a deep cuts release too, but let's be real: the fan-base that would turn over $35 for a disk containing the original version of Intergalactic and a half hour of stoner jams from 1992 is probably 1% the size of the consumer base who will buy this compilation.

If it gets new fans to buy records, I'm all for it. Plus let's not be jaded everyone. Don't forget that we need to keep new fans purchasing records so that Adam can continue ordering Chinese food and watching judge shows for at least another 4 decades. It's the least we can do after all he's given us.