View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Pocho

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I posted this Friday morning on my Facebook...I wanted to to share it with my BBMB fam...I've been on these boards for 12 years, and had to speak my mind...

This morning when I got in the car, it had a Beastie Boys sticker in the window, and I was rockin' my Beastie Boys shirt. Believe it or not, I was even scrolling through my ancient iPod to put on some Beasties. Then I hopped on my phone for a quick second while I waited for Steph, and read something that tore me apart. MCA, Adam Yauch, 1/3 of the Beastie Boys, has passed away.

I remember the first time I ever heard the Beasties....it was twenty years ago, and I was seven years old. Every kid on the playground was rappin' "So What'cha Want". When I was twelve or thirteen, I convinced my mom to pick the Licensed To Ill cassette up for me at the local video store. I played it until it broke, and I memorized every rhyme. As the decade went on and my musical golden era hit (the late 90's) the Beastie Boys dropped my favorite album of all-time, along with my favorite song (Hello Nasty, and Intergalactic).

In 2004 they released To The 5 Boroughs, it blew me away and was my soundtrack for summers to come. It came for me during a big change in my life, and just like before, their music was a lamplight for me during rough times.

Last year I lost my abuela....it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through. But just like someone out there arranged it all, the new Beastie Boys album came to the rescue. It was released almost to the day that she passed...without it I don't know what I would've done.

Most of you that really know the big dorky Messican named Spencer know the most important thing to me in life (next to my girl) is MUSIC. Above all else....it's what keeps me going. The Beastie Boys have always been, and will always be my favorite act in music. MCA was always my favorite Beastie...I admired him for his values, social stance, and commitment to making a difference in the world...while making you laugh the whole time

This isn't just the death of a wonderful person, but the end of an era, and the end of the Beastie Boys. They'll set their mics down just like Run DMC did years back. To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. They're a set....you can't have one without the other.

Thank you to the Beastie Boys for making me who I am today....for exposing me to hip hop...for inspiring me to make a difference...and for giving me the greatest gift of all....MUSIC. I leave ya'll with my favorite MCA rhyme....thanks for reading...

"Like a bird floatin' down on a New York breeze Every thought in the mind is a planted seed So watch the mind or the thoughts will stack Before you know it they're boomerangin' on back."

-MCA of the Beastie Boys

Rest Well homie.....
MCA Adam Yauch
August 5th, 1964 - May 4th 2012

BEASTIE BOYS 1979 - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_Lyfe
yo i fukked a girl wit hooves mayne the other night. like no fingers an toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill View Post
bear rape.
Have Faith