View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Im that kid in the corner

Default Re: Condoms vs. Getting Snipped:

Just to relate my story.....

I was on birth control when I got pregnant with our first son. Took it same time every day, without fail so needless to say, I was shocked. We had our son just after a year of marriage and we were financially strapped to say the least. Knowing I didn't want to go back on the pill, I opted for the Depo shot and stayed on it for several years. Went off the Depo shot and got pregnant with #2 the first month.

We knew we didn't want, nor could afford, another so we decided if I needed a c-section with #2, I would have my tubes tied. Otherwise the hubs would have the snip. With our track record, we can't afford to take any chances on a third pregnancy.

It took him almost three years to muster up the courage to have it done. After talking to several men and a doctor about how it's not that bad, he was still hesitant (yes, Ms. P it's totally mental). He was out of the doctor's office in less than 10 minutes and even he said that it really wasn't that bad. It was the right decision for us, but if you're not 100% sure, I would say don't do it.

When I look down,
I just miss all the good stuff
And when I look up,
I just trip over things.