View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 12:23 PM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Wheres the Book tour film/ DVD

a feature biopic of the beastie has never struck me as very marketable to the gen pop. heads like us would obviously lap it up, but i dont think their career arc offers up the drama necessary to engage casual folks for 90min+. biopics that connect typically feature artists/acts that involve varying degrees of in-fighting, hard drugs, violence, falls from grace, early death, etc.

that isn't to understate Yauch's untimely passing, of course, though it was also in the twilight of their recording career and wouldn't carry the dramatic impact of say a Brian Jones, 2pac, Kurt Cobain, etc. type figure who passed on some 20yrs younger, and at the peak of their stardom.

and frankly, they've always operated with a high degree of modesty and avoided shows of self-importance. far more the types to poke fun at an artist seeking such a self-gratifying display than to be the ones pursuing it.

if anything, perhaps a comedy biopic? it would be a different spin on the genre, and they'd certainly be the perfect subject for such.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Last edited by Brother McDuff : 11-27-2019 at 12:44 PM.