View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Let the Record Show Ep. 30: DJ Hurricane

I agree with Micodin! It’s not like those guys weren’t even mentioned in the book. I think it’s pretty obvious from reading it how much of an impact Mario had and how important he was. Hurra too clearly played a part, although he always struck me as a stands-there-and-plays-the-right-record type DJ. But he’s not been wiped from their history, and I don’t expect all the details from any ‘fallout’ or whatever to be included. It’s not that sort of book is it - they’re not even particularly hard on Russell / Def Jam etc. And they just don’t seem the settling scores / here’s some juicy gossip for you type.

I’m just not sure what people expect...most books of this kind don’t allow so many outside contributions, yet the boys get slammed for missing out certain people. You can’t please everyone. I imagine logistically it is hard to get everyone involved anyway. Besides, even those who made literary contributions - such as MMM - I mean it’s hardly game changing stuff is it? Aside from one or two sharp essays, a lot of the guest material is expendable. Like Ricky Powell himself!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.