Thread: Ill
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Registered Lurker

Default Re: Ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
You know what, second thought, I'm starting to think it shouldn't be the same as the LTI bpm. The voices sound higher don't they ?

I'm thinking they recorded this version at a slower tempo maybe....not as slow as the one on Soundcloud, but slower than the LTI version. I think maybe they did this one, and then they said, let's speed it up a little bit. So they sped up the beat a touch, and then did the new vocals we hear on LTI.

I'm not sure what the ideal tempo is to get the voices right, I guess we'd have to try some different speeds...
We would have to know exactly what went on in the studio (and recording from radio), but I think best thing to do is tune/pitch match the vocals with the album version (or some of their 1985 tracks even) cause indeed they could've messed with BPM or tape speed when recording the album version. Sudden tempo variation might also be due to tape edits or manually start/stop drum machines etc.

When I try to tempo match it with the album version vocals start to sound too high in pitch so yeah most likely the album version was recorded to a higher BPM or tape speed.

Last edited by tt5brevisited : 03-11-2014 at 02:54 AM.