View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrimson024 View Post
I do not buy into the post modern illusion that truth is relative and not absolute. Morals based on the assumptions and criteria of each individual and how they perceive it is fundamentally flawed. By that method you are setting the foundation on inevitable hypocrisy. You claim that my beliefs are man made, and that is insulting. However, this life as human beings is a gift with a purpose and meaning. Each soul is not without intrinsic value. To make gross accusations that the Prophets and Christ are fabrications conjured by men is wildly inaccurate and ignorant of historical and spiritual truth. Your right about there being billions of humans who reject it, the path to salvation is narrow but the path to wickedness is wide. I pray that all will come to him, especially those who hate what he has to say. The truth will set you free. "The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone;...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho View Post
Your judgment of others is man made, that is the crux. You've posted on here your beliefs and that they are the only way.

You make me want to run from whatever version of Christ you are selling.

What you know about anyone here on this board is a preconceived notion. Yet you've decided to chide and judge with a dogma that actually hinders your intended result, to have folks become enlightened through the Bible.

Smite away. Seems like that is your favorite part of Christianity. Unless you have some other sort of form to attract people to your beliefs how the fuck are you going to ever achieve the goal God wants?

Being kind is not a character defect, a loving God would see that as an asset. You made a judgment and I made a judgment back. Man made both of them. If you think God is speaking through you and not me then perhaps you've judged billions of others too, on a daily basis.
Quote:
This is the same old argument once again. When anybody mentions the Prophets or Christ the immediate response is "stop judging". I didn't even say anything about judging, and why would I when I'm just as lost as the next man. All I speak of is the word of God and not my words, so please stop judging me. I can not pretend that the scriptures are lies written been men as easily as you my friend. You can not play the role of the moralist with out running into the source, eventually it is inevitable, for through Adam we all surely die. I never said my teachings are the only way, those words come from Christ. He is the truth and the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho View Post
I would like to ride around town on a bicycle built for two with you. We can wear straw hats and sing songs as we peddle away down the street our merry way, greeting people with biblical stories wearing our pin stripe shirts with bicycle knickers on.

Perhaps someone will offer us some freshly baked apple pie and lemonade.
Quote:
You read my mind. haha nice....

also, just wanted to mention that the beastie boys are jews...so that's probably why they're not super into christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.