View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 12:37 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Herb ass Ricky Powell got that doc out

my wife and i watched this last night and WOW. seek this out because it is one of the best docs i've ever seen in any genre. i'm coming off a trip to both the new york, new music exhibit and a trip to the universal hip hop museum so my mind was already in this space, but i have a totally different opinion on RP now. not that my view was bad, but i didn't give this guy his do credit and he deserves it. triathlon winner, roommate of cey, crazy Ruth, how plugged in he was from the absolute get-go, his demons, his somewhat redemption then of course his death. when he started talking about his separation from the beasties you can tell he was hurt. like that shit fucked him up and perhaps started his spiral and he missed them dearly. glad mike participated, guessing there was bad bad blood horovitz could not overcome to join.

anyway can't recommend enough. what an awesome life he lived. i'm surprised he lived as long as he did but i wish i would have bumped into this dude just to say thank you and take care of yourself.

thank you adam adam & mike