View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Monkey News

Default Re: The Family Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mile7
lol I laughed at this.....but Im used to it (so happens I go to a school where Im one of 20 black males, only one of 2 with long hair) and I get that all the time. But to call it corny that white kids actually give me comments that arent racist (like only 50 years ago) is a blessing so how can I knock sumthin like that. I'd be a damn fool not to know my history and how all the "jockin" is a postive showing the sign of the times.

ok, i can understand that. i guess good comments are better than negative comments especially comeing form a situation that i can't say i've been in as someone like yourself(being a black american).

but do you feel sometimes people(like the ones in school) are just being cool and friendly with you becuase you are part of something that is now considered hip and trendy(something that i feel is superficial). and not being cool with you for being you. all these white kids recently seem to want to be black but only be black from a distance. i just find that to be disrespectful to you. i would definetly be offended.