View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 08:24 PM

Default Re: old interview w/ Mike D

hey thanks guys! I'm glad people are responding to it.

I'm really excited for this new movie to be out and playing in the world. Indie Doc making is 100% a labor of love. You sit on the material for years before it finally gets to be seen by the public. And even then it may never come out "for real".

I posted about this like 5 years ago, but please (and thank you) feel free to take a look at my first feature length doc. http://mynameisjonahfilm.com/

You can stream or download it for FREE. Without typing a 9 paragraph thesis; it is a quirky character study about an early (and mostly unknown) "Myspace celeb" who is also one of the first documented cosplayers (though he wouldn't use that word.) That's just the tip of the iceberg though. And I won't get into it. But to quote BLEEDING COOL "MY NAME IS JONAH is pure, weird America."

It was deemed both "the best documentary I have ever seen" and "too trippy for mainstream audiences" by various "industry" people.

anyways, to keep this thread about the Beastie Boys. I heard (YG)FFYR(TP) on an easy listening station today! So stick that in yer ear. I sure did.

Thanks again

message board