View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Having lost two uncles and an aunt to cancer I have been down this road before. And if there is one positive that you can try to take away from the pain and suffering that is cancer, it is that you sometimes get a chance to say goodbye. A lot of people in this world leave suddenly without warning. They don’t get a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones. They don’t get a chance to make amends. They just leave unexpectedly and then the eulogies come later.
I hope that Adam got a chance to say goodbye and spend some quality time with his friends and family before leaving this world. I hope that he was able to receive all the love and respect that he is getting now. I hope that he knew how much of an impact he made on all of our lives.
I want to thank Sarah for starting the Power To MCA project. This was a chance to send positive vibes out to MCA and show him how much we all cared. I really hope that he got a chance to view the photos and stories. What I expressed through the Power to MCA project is the same feelings I want to express now. Thanks Adam and the group for helping me become the person I am today, thanks for expanding my musical knowledge, thanks for getting me through tough times, thanks for inspiring and teaching, thanks for being the soundtrack of my life. I could go on and on but I just want to say thanks. It’s called Gratitude.
Like most of you, I am completely gutted. On Friday night after work I walked around downtown for a couple of hours. It was nice hearing beasties being blasted from the record stores, radio stations and apartment windows. This past weekend it felt like the whole world was mourning Adam and paying tribute to the band at the same time.
Since he has passed I have been on the message board constantly. I must have read 100 different tributes and stories. I can relate to almost all them in some sort of way. Here is one of the many that I really liked:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...auch-1964-2012

This situation is tough. It’s tough that Adam is gone. But if I could pick one positive about this terrible situation, it’s that the world is celebrating the life of a great man. The sentiments of Adam’s life have been consistently positive and heartwarming. I have never been more proud to be a beastie boys fan. I have never been more proud to be a fan of Adam Yauch.
Rest In Peace Adam. I hope you continue to read the boards from the sky while your flying above. My thoughts go out to your family and friends.
-Mike