View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 07:01 AM

Arrow Re: Beastie Boys in Wax Poetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101
really cool store in chicago called Wax Addict on Ashland Ave. they have tons of BBoy music on wax....for those of you heading to Chicago for the "reunion" you should check this place out....

....and then come to my place after for drinks.
There's a place in Chicago called Reckless Records (they have a couple stores in London too). I got a ton of shit from them back in 95. I bought a LTI LP in there and then started talking to the guy at the counter about the Beasties. That's when I found out about the MCA & Burzootie record (this was before they had comprehensive internet discographies etc so info like this was hard to get.) The singles and old stuff were extremly hard to come by back then due to the lack of eBay and internet. Anyway, I gave them a want list. Every time something on my list came in they would send it to me. It was all at reasonable prices too. I got a Rock Hard 12" for $20. Pollywog Stew 7" for $25. The Shadrach 12 for $15-$20. Cookie Puss for $15-20. Its not so special now, but back then finding this stuff was on some needle in a haystack shit. Anyway, Reckless Records, dope store.