View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Default Re: London, ICA 2004-05-15 download

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
I still laugh during Root Down when Mike D loses his shit and starts cracking up mid-verse

It was an exciting time indeed! I don't have the Westwood interviews but I have an interview that Zane Lowe did with Mike D for the release of Ch-Check It Out. I have good memories of the other Lowe interviews that occured prior to the release of HSCP2.

As for TT5B I think I should probably listen to it again. I was hugely disappointed at the time but admittedly I haven't heard it for about 5 years!
It's funny though because I can still see why people would be completely underwhelmed by it... It's pretty minimalist for the B-Boys! But that focus on rhymes and the simplicity of the beats - the old school approach really albeit via pro tools - was exactly what I wanted at the time (for some reason).

Yes that moment in Root Down is classic, Adrock totally throws him off! It's amazing though because a few seconds later Yauch absolutely murders his verse... I think only the Beastie Boys could have me in stitches one second and then blown away with their precision the next.

There was something so exciting about hearing their voices in interviews around that time, it had just been so long. When I'm back in England I'll find the Westwood and Lowe interviews and chuck them up

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.