Thread: biking
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: biking

My dumb city puts in fancy protected or extra wide bike lanes in spots where it's never that dangerous to bike anyway. And then neglect the major roads that've had bike lanes or a shared lanes for years...they're all potholed up.

I ride on a busy road over a scary bridge every day almost. No bike lane. Im so used to it, I manage to avoid danger by anticipating shitty driving behavior. Like basically always expecting to get hit by cars at every intersection. It's pretty nuts how many people run lights or turn in front of oncoming traffic with no regard (usually while talking on a cell phone).

I ride through the winter, it was 20 degrees the other night though and I wasn't prepared so my gloves were too thin and my hands froze up and it was so painful I almost cried. And so I chickened out riding today, took the bus. Good thing I did, several people I know bit it while riding today. but if you have the right gear it's not so bad. Kinda liberating at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.