Thread: WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:46 PM
doubts your commitment

Unhappy WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

So, all through junior high and high school I sought out and saved every clipping and poster and scrap that I could find that was even remotely Beastie related. I put it up on my wall over my bed. I had magazine covers and articles, a picture of Adrock with an "I love you Jessica" speech bubble, stickers I never took off the backing but taped to the wall, and the stickers and reviews from every album. It wasn't anything like a serious collector's collection, but it was mine, my little piece of them. I wrote THE BEASTIE WALL over it and was so proud.

My mom just had a bunch of remodeling done, and I had gotten all of my old stuff out of a different bedroom but not that one since my sister lives in it now - and she thought I had gotten everything that I wanted out of it. I went over today and happened to be in the room for a bit before leaving and realized the walls had been repainted - and all of my posters were gone. Everything. Mom and sis realized with horror that they hadn't thought to tell me they had thrown that all away and I instantly fell to pieces. Couldn't stop crying for a good hour or so.

Literally LAST NIGHT I went to a Yauch memorial screening, at which I of course teared up, and then had dreams that D and Horovitz asked me to fill in for him while he recovered. (Talk about waking up heartbroken.) I know it's just a collection of paper and it was just stuff but it was MY stuff, it took me years to put it together. Adolescence was really shitty for me, and the Beastie Boys were something so cool and so fun and genuine that I just latched onto when I was 12. I haven't really been into them over the last few years, since TT5B really, but they hold such a huge special place in my heart and the thought of all of that being ripped off the walls, crumpled up and thrown in the trash literally made my heart hurt. My mom feels terrible and I didn't want to make her feel worse so I left pretty soon after I found out, but GUHHHH talk about terrible timing. I'm 28 and all, and I suppose I should have taken that out a long time ago if I really wanted to keep it since it's not my house and all but I left it up partially because my little sis grew to love them too.

ANYWAY. I figured you guys would understand me being pretty sad about this. Also, it was my birthday the other night and by midnight the 10 people that had shown up already left and the 30 other people that RSVPed didn't show up, so THAT hurt. Anyone else had something else precious inadvertently tossed?

lonely as a cloud in the golden state
"the longest winter that i ever saw
was the summer that i spent..."

Last edited by cosmo105 : 05-28-2012 at 09:53 PM.