Thread: WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Peace & Love

Default Re: WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo105 View Post
So, all through junior high and high school I sought out and saved every clipping and poster and scrap that I could find that was even remotely Beastie related. I put it up on my wall over my bed. (
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Tha

I had a similar shrine in my basement to Quentin Tarantino set up. My mother tore that down ages ago, but I remember her telling me over the phone and me just kind of freezing and saying "Um. what?!"
Sorry about your guys ordeal, interestingly enough I've always felt Quentin lifted much of his style from the Beastie Boys, not that that is a bad thing, just the opposite, he's one uncompromising artist.

I had about 2 dozen incredible vintage rock and roll T-Shirts I really, really prized that my dad threw out from a closet I was storing my junk at in his apartment. I must of spent 100's of hours scrouring the racks at second hand stores in the 90's to find them. One of them was a Springsteen '73 east coast tour, another was a DEVO shirt with Alfred E. Newman, fuck they were priceless all of them. The only one left was a Rolling Stones "Tattoo You" tour shirt. He thought they were shit I didn't care about so I left them there. I left them there because he's a major hoarder and felt they'd be safe.

I just shook my head and mumbled, and am still mumbling today 10 years after. Probably better to WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Which reminds me, for a brief moment Seattle had an XLarge store... The Beastie Boys always have the finest in gentleman's furnishings.

Sorry, I know how it feels. I'm a huge collector of paper ephemera and have close to 20,000 postcards from 1890 to the mid 70's (mainly the 30's 40's and 50's) plus old schedules, tickets and posters. I haven't been collecting for the past decade, but man when I did I gave it my all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]