View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
utter nonsense.

Default Re: Anybody watch the Bill Nye, Ken Ham creationist debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
I wonder if when religion and "god" starts to become even less and less impactful to people that the separate overt religions and religious beliefs will start to ally and band together against scientific thinking.

there seems to be less and less people that identify with religion and god. there's going to be a point when there's hardly anybody left.
I guess it's possible. I don't really think the "science vs. religion" paradigm is accurate. I don't personally know any Christians who think science and religion are at odds, and even the fringe people I know several degrees removed generally come up with some shitty pseudo-science to justify their beliefs.

This guy has an unbearably slow cadence and english accent, but he kind of expresses what I think a lot of religious folks subscribe to now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVPZykCRyQ Really - science and religion are not concerned with the same things. Some people hear this sort of defense and argue that the entire basis of religious belief is inimical to empirical science, I remain unconvinced.

Whether or not religion will continue to be a thing I can't say. I think it might, it'll just start coming from different portions of the world.

reality is a shit of a thing