View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Default Re: PYB appreciation thread

I thought you (McDuff) must have somehow missed the spruced up version just from reading your post. In any case there really is no debate - those bonus tracks definitely were given the Zdar treatment, professional DJ-opinion or not... I can understand your excitement though!

I have no idea where you downloaded PYB from originally. I thought it was only knocking about before due to the game soundtrack it was on (some basketball game...NBA Street?) - that's where I downloaded the rip from (illegally), I think it must have been in place on the soundtrack before the album was delayed.

B-Boys acapella and Lee Majors were the only songs 'officially' released via the 7" which came with the Check Your head re-issue viny, and obviously the original TMR came out on itunes but as a one-track single. PYB definitely never made it to the UK itunes and I do not think it was made available aside from the game soundtrack. Either way, the difference between those versions is there for all to see...

One question I have - does anyone know if the original B-Boys in the Cut was actually released in full? I think the 2009 version I have was put together by a fan (I remember them sending out the instrumental in an e-mail). But I vaguely remember Zane Lowe playing it too, though I'm not sure if that was official or just a mix put together by a fan. I just remember the timing being slightly different, e.g. Adrocks last verse on my original version comes in slightly later. Sorry if this all sounds a bit confusing!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.