View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 AM
feeder

Default Re: Condoms vs. Getting Snipped:

Mr.p and I are at something of the same point. Hormonal birth control has never agreed with me, personally. We're fans of the Durex Avanti condoms, those polyvinyl ones, as they are thinner and stronger than the latex varieties. (More expensive though.) That said... I would prefer to do away with them and would like for mr.p to have the snip. We're both quite certain we don't want any more children, so it's not a question of "Are we really done?" Believe me, we are really done. I mean if 'something happened' and I got pregnant now, we'd probably opt to have another baby vs. have a termination, so long as all signs were good and healthy and all that, but we're for sure not planning to have any more. But so far mr.p has been a bit resistant to the whole vasectomy thing. It's like, he acknowledges that it's really the best option, and that he's thinking about it, but he hasn't just gone and done it. I'm trying to be patient and let him work through whatever he's got to work through in his head about it. I know that two of his good mates have had it done (as the wives, we all talk about this stuff, you know) and I think that he's talked to them about their experience, but he's still wavering.