View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
wine then bed

Default Re: Condoms vs. Getting Snipped:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy View Post
Yes, I can think of two. Pregnancy and celibacy.

The fact is, all birth control for women is hormone based, with the exception of some intrauterine devices - and those devices come with their own share of risks. Tubal ligation is invasive surgery, whereas a vasectomy is a simple outpatient procedure, and has no hormonal effect for the man - it's basically just another 'barrier method'.

I understand that some men need to get their heads around the connection between their 'potency' and their manhood, but the fact is, that connection is emotional, and not physical. I get that it's a struggle - I know well one family who had to go the IVF route because of infertility on the part of the husband, and that was a tough blow for him emotionally, so I'm not trying to minimise the emotional impact. I do think though, that in a committed partnership, once the woman has done several years of "heavy lifting" with regard to pregnancy, birth, and hormone based birth control, it is not unreasonable to expect the man to be logical and reasonable rather than emotional (you know, like they claim they want women to be) about the issue and to make a decision about this based on facts.

Everything ms. p said is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo105 View Post
Drowning in labia.