View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by balohna View Post
TT5B tour, and of course before that they had a long hiatus where the rare few shows they did were pure hip-hop (there might have been exceptions, not sure). So between the end of the Hello Nasty tour and The Mix Up they weren't really doing songs like Time for Livin' or Heart Attack Man.

Of course Mike has always been great live, but in this set and other ones I've watched from the mid-late 2000s he's even stood out from MCA and Ad-Rock (who are both still great, of course). Just going nuts, getting the crowd hyped between songs, taking a break from vocals to play percussion on the same song. He seems more confident and energetic than ever.

And yeah it is pretty weird that there's no TT5B or Mix Up stuff at all in this set. I wonder if it had something to do with the remasters coming out in 2009.
I believe you!

I saw them on the TT5B tour, and sadly that was the last time I saw them I chose to not go to the TMU tour because I erroneously believed I would have many more bboy tours to catch them on. I could only afford one show that summer, and my buddies convinced me to see Kanye. It was the WORST concert I have ever been to. Though Lupe and Common were tight. I'm actually just starting to dip back into Kanye, all these years later to see what he's been up to.

anyways, tangent aside. If you told me they played hardcore at TT5B I would believe you as well. My memory is shit for little things like that.

message board