View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 09:10 PM
Mad Child

Default Re: Adrock's new benefit song "Pasadena Parrots"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
i stand by my lazy comment. i would say the same thing to my wife or kid or business partner if i thought applicable in the context of their professional career and/or something that has defined them since they were 13 years old...especially if i thought they had more to give that could/would perhaps touch people, change peoples lives, inspire others, bring people joy, make the world a little better place, etc..

part of me is inspired by his just don't give a fuck attitude, can't get more punk and larry david than that. running through dan rather's interview, fucking with mike on echo chamber, the rubin pod, the WTF pod...come on man, rock the bells in his garage, etc.....his engagement on all those is minimal at best but kinda funny. all i'm saying is that i hear a little 30 second hardcore jam about birds, or his bars on YO KEV and in my mind i think.....dude ad rock, i can almost guarantee you want to go all-in like your verse on spam or hurras tracks, or on that DFL shit and you know you can, so can you please just give me more art to consume because i love you and the world needs you.

fan selfish perhaps...but hey so be it. i think it's ok for fans of their favorite band/actor/actress/poet/DJ/musician/etc. to still want the absolute best from them.

example. i love de niro, my #2 fav actor ever. for the past 15 years he's been lazy in not only selecting his roles, but also (in some cases) lazy in his performances. i think it's ok to be critical of this....and still love him at the same time.
I just feel like the passion is gone. It’s finished and it’s never coming back. If he was inspired or wanted to do something, he would have. Yauch dying young was the tragedy of all tragedies, but life goes on. That’s not an excuse. And frankly, he doesn’t need an excuse. I’m with you, I wish he would do more stuff but he always came off as a guy who didn’t feel like doing much anyway. Even back in the heyday.

Also, that bird thing is ridiculous in the most literal sense of the word. That’s a joke.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.