View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM

Unhappy Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I miss MCA, not that I knew him personally, but it's sad knowing he's not there anymore. It's always nice seeing people age gracefully. Adam was settling into a groove. In addition to different types of music, he also had a passion for film and video. He was able to get O-scope off the ground, he directed a film and helped get other interesting films distributed. He was just hitting his stride with it. How unfortunate this timing is.

He showed us how people can constantly better themselves in life. He got increasingly responsible with his lyrics, he gave us words of wisdom, he smashed his gun and supported non-violence, he spoke out against racial-profiling after 9-11, he was out-spoken against our pointless wars in the Middle East...there was so much more he had to accomplish. Life isn't fair sometimes, but I'm happy that he's being remembered for all of the right reasons.

In addition to listening to his music countless times from growing up to the present, I used to read their lyrics and really listen in to his interviews. There was so much to get out of this man, whether it was about religion and spirituality or just some funny jokes. I miss you Adam.