View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
same old

Default Re: I work with a Vulkan

I think I understand him a little bit better now. It's hard for him to ask for help. He likes to be self-sufficient. I suspect that he goes to great lengths to avoid people. I think I need to control myself around him because I can tell now he doesn't like the excess or what he thinks is phony. I could be a great relief to him around here if I tried. And I was wrong. He does have a sense of humor, it's just really dry and reserved. He doesn't have good joke delivery but somehow that's endearing.

He's a lot like my boyfriend in how he hates the public and society and he just wants to be left alone, he's disgusted by how oversexed and dramatic some people can be, and he just wants to focus on his work and he can't quite get into being social. My boyfriend hides it a lot better, and can be extremely charming. But they must have a lot in common.

I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an idiot but compared to him, that's quite accurate. Right now I don't want admiration. I don't think he admires anyone. I'm just aiming for tolerance.

What if he actually wants to have someone to relate to but he is so socially and emotionally handicapped that he's trapped inside his own mind like in THE CELL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
my heart was made of diarrhea