View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:22 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Sounds of Science vs. Solid Gold - Best introductory album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
yeah, not for me bro. the opposite reaction as a matter of fact, but i'm a 80s kid. i bought Raising Hell and License to Ill at the local music store with my best friend and both records blew me away and i still have HUGE love for both.

i guess the lyrics may come across immature now but the beasties lyrics have always been pretty silly in retrospect. the sonics of LTI still hold up without a doubt tho.
this....i picked up raising hell and LTI at same time at warehouse records on bmx strapped with walkman with money given by parents. listened to RH on way home and was instantly hooked, LTI after locked me in for life. i always say it was the BIG 4; RH, LTI, BAD and Nation. i went through at least 3 or 4 cassettes of each. the different RH covers, the different color cassettes for Nation, the braggadocio of LL and motherfucking LTI the cherry on top of all. 86 87 88 were great years then mind reset and blown again in 89 when PB's hit and i both hated and loved that some absolutely despised the record. i wanted them to see and appreciate the genius of it but it also became my own little special secret that was my own. anyway around and in between and after the big 4 floodgates just bust open forever... LTI was my favorite beastie album until probably around spring of '90 when i called PB my fav for 1st time, still do and LTI is around 5th or 6th now but the number means little because it's still awesome.

as far as introductory....i like the CYH logic but honestly i'd prob just make someone a mixtape/playlist if i was asked. this way i could drop i don't know in with the vibes and tadlock and car thief and stand together and root down and gratitude and egg raid and mullethead and something's got to give and posse in effect and transitions and skills to pay the bills and i want some......and you know the rest

thank you adam adam & mike

Last edited by dust monkey : 02-11-2020 at 05:28 PM.