View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Licensed to Ill - clear vinyl reissue?

Update for anyone who...uh.....gives a shit about this release.

I received my copy and here's the deal. It's a repressing of the 2016 reissue on what seems to be 180g clear-ish vinyl (it has a slight yellowish tint almost like a dirty fish tank). Other than that, it's what you'd expect. The cover is really washed out just like the Def Jam reissues usually are. It comes in a pretty decent inner sleeve with the original sleeve included as well, although it looks like this was a poor quality photo-copy of the original 1986 1st edition (minus the info about joining the fan club by sending a letter to an address in New York).

But yeah, that's it. The sound quality is fine. Time to Get Ill is indeed on the record despite its absence from almost all of the English-language promotional material.

This is still such a weird reissue to me. Almost no promotion, and the promotion that did exist was just super weird and poorly done. Oh well, at least it was relatively cheap. I'm sure Def Jam is thrilled to make some more money by doing absolutely nothing special as usual.