View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Bacardi by Night

Default Re: The Global Warming Swindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdrop
what ever happened to the Bird Flu epidemic?
It's still a worry to many, just not in America. Just because the media has moved on to things they deem more important doesn't mean the problem disappears, it just means that the media has found something else to focus on. Everytime I leave the country, I'm briefed on the risks of Avian Flu abroad, and deaths have actually risen in countries overseas. Indonesia especially.

From today: "Bird flu has killed at least 172 people worldwide since it began its spread through Asian poultry in 2003, according to WHO. Most human deaths come from contact with infected birds, but experts fear it could mutate into a form that spreads easily among people."

It's not like it was "Whoops, we were wrong, don't worry about it because it's not a problem." It's still a problem, it's still a worry to many, people have died because of the flu. It's still a worry that it can warp and jump to humans, that threat has never disappeared, it's just gone under the radar. I work with a few of the top Avian Flu experts in the world, and I can assure you they are still very much worried about it. I do believe that the media does hype it up, but it's still a valid concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we runnin' out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution that will fix everything!