View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Sounds of Science vs. Solid Gold - Best introductory album?

[quote=dust monkey;1822982]this....i picked up raising hell and LTI at same time at warehouse records on bmx strapped with walkman with money given by parents. listened to RH on way home and was instantly hooked, LTI after locked me in for life. i always say it was the BIG 4; RH, LTI, BAD and Nation. i went through at least 3 or 4 cassettes of each. the different RH covers, the different color cassettes for Nation, the braggadocio of LL and motherfucking LTI the cherry on top of all. 86 87 88 were great years then mind reset and blown again in 89 when PB's hit and i both hated and loved that some absolutely despised the record. i wanted them to see and appreciate the genius of it but it also became my own little special secret that was my own. anyway around and in between and after the big 4 floodgates just bust open forever... LTI was my favorite beastie album until probably around spring of '90 when i called PB my fav for 1st time, still do and LTI is around 5th or 6th now but the number means little because it's still awesome.

That was my life too, nice to read.for me that was hip hop and l will never forget those times, they up there with star wars OT and beer!

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Last edited by pesto pizza : 02-12-2020 at 12:17 AM.