View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Re: THERE IS A NEW ALBUM OUT BY MIKE D AND AD ROCK AND THE JEWISH BRAD PITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Mike D is the Jewish Brad Pitt.

But, yeah - not a whack cut on this joint.
haha yep - i thought i wrote 'by mca and ad rock'

speaking of which, "Mike Dino" is an ILL alias for the D. maybe the best one ever. and santigold - i can't believe how excellent they sound together. i feared it would be awkward, like the pairing w/nas was awkward. nas is from QUEENS ffs - run dmcville! nasty nas was FRESH before he was gangsta, so why rock a beastie boys joint w/exhausted gangsta nonsense? he should have dropped his mask for two minutes and had fun rocking out dope rhymes instead of expanding his name brand. he should have went DMC on that joint, and instead he just.... went. rest of the song's dope though, and the new version's better than the first imo.

back to my quest-chins though, was most of this done before or after mca went a l'hopital? and if it's bad form to banter about mr. yauch's illness (as opposed to his ILLness, as in getting ill 24/7 or licensed to the same thereof) somebody clue me in. i'm not trying to be flippant or anything. i'm wondering what this new spirit that animates this whole lp is about - as in, was it a new zest for life after a sickness, or was it a new attitude going in? they sound like they're back in their own skins. for whatever reason this sort of creeping alien wackness started appearing on illcomm, which was of course a magnificent, splendiferous album but still thats where it started. on hello nasty it tainted the whole album ("As long as I learn I will make mistakes"? for real? what could the point of wasting seconds of the hour of music they produce every four years on that line? no excuse for boring filler rhymes if you're not pumping out songs every week, though that album was still pretty dope), and then on 5 boroughs it overwhelmed it. not so much wack rhymes as unentertaining ones. bob dylan (or whoever) could do social commentary, or something like it, and be entertaining. beasties can do that, to a degree, at times - but they're the freshest emcees in the world, literally. them doing flat, earnest social commentary raps just wasnt what they did best, and on this new album they do nothing BUT their best, which is THE best there is. contempo hip hop is a cheap joke compared to this shit.

so why the change?

THE FRESH SHIT

Last edited by Paul Nice : 05-04-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I KEEP MY REASONS TO MYSELF