View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Adrock and Rick Rubin talk for the first time in decades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
Anybody else think it was weird that RR straight up ends the podcast w/ "I love you Adam" and Mike's just like... in the background?

Maybe RR says it enough to Mike, since they apparently still see each-other. It just felt weird to me, and reminded me of all their collective grips that RR always though Mike was expendable.
Yeah I think it's just because Rick and Mike have been in touch for years, but Rick hadn't really spoken to Adam. You can hear that Rick is just sort of confused why they haven't kept in touch (he stated this in an article after this interview came out as well). I felt that Rick genuinely did miss hanging out with Adam and felt like they lost so much time for no reason, but maybe Adam is just over it. Maybe he feels like Rick screwed him 35ish years ago and hasn't been a part of his life since, so why would he want to suddenly be buddies with Rick?

I feel for Rick though. Even if you were kinda the dick, as you get older, you look back and regret all the time you wasted beefing with people for what seems like such a stupid reason. Like I'm sure however Rick pissed off Adam was important at the time, but look at what happened: Beastie Boys went on to the one of the greatest groups in modern times, which I doubt would have happened if Rick had stuck around. He probably just wants to drink some brass monkey and talk about some rope shit with his fellow old-guy friend.