View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM

I am 26 years old. I have fond and early memories of the Beastie Boys' music. The earliest was when I was three years old. I have an older brother who was always on top of the new hip hop that was coming out. I remember running around my room like crazy while License to Ill blasted through the speakers as loud as possible.

I have followed the Beasties ever since. When I think of the 90's I automatically think of the Beastie Boys. Which makes me think of the videos and the imagery. So Watcha Want, Sabotage, Sure Shot, Intergalactic, etc. I became a huge follower and supporter of the band. Through vinyl, cds, shirts, posters and dvds to a vast collection of performances and concerts. I am blessed to have seen them in concert multiple times.

There were times in my life when I fell off path and was heading somewhere that wasn't good, or wasn't me. Every time I felt hard times, it was always the Beastie Boys who helped me get back on track. When I suffered from manic depression and bad anxiety, it was once again the Beastie Boys and their music that helped me fight.

They helped me find light again and again. Time after time. Not just musicially, but how they live their lives. The way the care. The way they appreciate their fans. The examples they set. They way they fight for what is right in this world. They are leaders. They make me feel good and proud to be a fan. I love them for that.

Which brings me to MCA. Adam Yauch. I just want to say how grateful I am and how much I love this man. I send out all of the love that I possibly can to his family and friends. Yauch has taught me many times in my life. I have learned things from him that I never would have learned anywhere else. Not only was he so mellow and cool, but he was so smart and intelligent and I loved learning and listening to him. He has inspired me and changed my worldwide perspective on many different levels. Spiritually, musicially, creatively, comically and on a basic human level. His musical genius is huge. From his rhymes, flow and cadence to his funky, rough, raw and gritty basslines. He was an innovator. The Boys were innovators. It will forever be my duty to inspire as much people as I possibly can to the legacy of Adam Yauch and the Beastie Boys. Thank You Adam. Thank You Mike. And Thank You Adam Yauch. Much Love.