View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Mike D live at Riot Fest 2017 - So Watcha Want and Intergalactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
i dont see any problem with this. how could one expect him to completely turn his back on his life's work as a performer? avoiding his catalog of hits would only serve as further acknowledgment of the tragedy anyhow. Yauch may have left us, but life goes on, and the remaining bboys and their work are still with us and still worth celebrating.
You are absolutely right McDuff. It is up to them to do whatever they want, whether that is doing their Beastie music or not. It would be like telling the Doors guys that are still living that they should never do a Doors song again. Sure it is different and seems kind of weird when compared to the complete group, but who else is going to play those songs as well as the guys that did them originally? They made their music and they love it. We are fans, but nobody loves the music more than the people that made it themselves. Why would they deny themselves that? That would be crazy to me.

I can still see the rest of the group getting together at some point and doing a tour to play the music. It will be different but it will still be cool for all the musicians involved as well as the fans. It might still be a while before it happens, but I can see it happening at some point. Who knows, maybe it won't happen, but I'm just saying, I won't be surprised if it does.