View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Like everyone else here, I am crushed.

However, its times like these that make you realize how lucky you are.

I feel lucky to have had the chance to experience Yauch's amazing art, passion and vision. He changed my life, and helped me see the magic in music. The Beastie Boys have always been there for me. Through thick and thin, they have been the soundtrack to my entire life. I am thankful that I discovered them, and appreciated them for what they were. I'm thankful I saw past the LTI era, and was able to mature alongside the Beasties... and I am thankful they gave me something to truly care about (their music).

I also feel lucky to have experienced this amazing band with all of you on this message board. I can truly say you all are amazing... I hope this board survives, and I hope you all stay... to celebrate the legacy Yauch left behind.

Although his life was cut short, he was able to do things most only dream of. He traveled the world, created amazing art, brought millions of smiles to people's faces, all the while remaining humble, charitable, and charming. I hope to be half the man Yauch was one day.... Rest in peace my friend. rest in peace.