Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM

Default New Beastie Boys Fan Story

Hey all. This is my first post ever.

I became a Beastie Boys fan at the end of 2010. I got tired of the same old hip hop, and I am definitely not a fan of the new hip hop such as Drake, Lil Wayne etc....

So I was scrolling through Youtube and I stumbled upon the Beastie Boys song: Intergalactic.

I am 22 years old so when that song came out I was actually like 9 or 10. I remember hearing it a few times on the radio and other places, but now at the age of 22 I really liked it.

So long story short, I became a fan. I bought ALL their albums. And listened to each carefully.

I liked a few songs from their first 4 albums but it wasn't really hitting for me. Don't get me wrong those albums are classic. Maybe it's because I'm a new generation Beastie Boys fan so I have a different taste.

Now onto Hello Nasty and To the 5 boroughs. Those 2 albums were the albums that truly made me fans of theirs. Alot of people dog on TT5B but I actually like the flows on that cd. Especially Mike D's flows.

I admit I'm a HUGE Mike D fan. I love his delivery and rhymes, they are funny, witty and smooth and fresh too.

Then May 3, 2011 came around and it was Hot Sauce Committee part 2 time... AND WOW.

Hot Sauce Committee part 2 is SUCH AN UNDERRATED album. It is so unique, fresh, funky and just awesome.

In my opinion it is their best work. I mean compared to the crap that is out there today this album should have won best Hip Hop album or atleast best alternative album of the year.

I rarely can listen to a WHOLE album without skipping a song, but HSC part 2 is an exception. Every song just comes off perfectly. It's such a refreshing sound to hip hop.

I don't understand why this album didn't get much attention.

My opinion is that the marketing wasn't very good. Whoever is marketing these guys needs to revamp their style.

I didn't like how Dont Play no game was the second single. In my opinion it should have been OK, Say it, or Tadlocks Glasses.

Tadlocks Glasses is actually my favorite song of that album. I mean if marketed right that song could have been such a hit because its so unique and has that old school sound to it, especially Mike D's final hook.

Anyways that's my story
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 AM
dnt ply n gm tht i cnt wn

Default Re: New Beastie Boys Fan Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikstotle View Post
Hey all. This is my first post ever.

I became a Beastie Boys fan at the end of 2010. I got tired of the same old hip hop, and I am definitely not a fan of the new hip hop such as Drake, Lil Wayne etc....

So I was scrolling through Youtube and I stumbled upon the Beastie Boys song: Intergalactic.

I am 22 years old so when that song came out I was actually like 9 or 10. I remember hearing it a few times on the radio and other places, but now at the age of 22 I really liked it.

So long story short, I became a fan. I bought ALL their albums. And listened to each carefully.

I liked a few songs from their first 4 albums but it wasn't really hitting for me. Don't get me wrong those albums are classic. Maybe it's because I'm a new generation Beastie Boys fan so I have a different taste.

Now onto Hello Nasty and To the 5 boroughs. Those 2 albums were the albums that truly made me fans of theirs. Alot of people dog on TT5B but I actually like the flows on that cd. Especially Mike D's flows.

I admit I'm a HUGE Mike D fan. I love his delivery and rhymes, they are funny, witty and smooth and fresh too.

Then May 3, 2011 came around and it was Hot Sauce Committee part 2 time... AND WOW.

Hot Sauce Committee part 2 is SUCH AN UNDERRATED album. It is so unique, fresh, funky and just awesome.

In my opinion it is their best work. I mean compared to the crap that is out there today this album should have won best Hip Hop album or atleast best alternative album of the year.

I rarely can listen to a WHOLE album without skipping a song, but HSC part 2 is an exception. Every song just comes off perfectly. It's such a refreshing sound to hip hop.

I don't understand why this album didn't get much attention.

My opinion is that the marketing wasn't very good. Whoever is marketing these guys needs to revamp their style.

I didn't like how Dont Play no game was the second single. In my opinion it should have been OK, Say it, or Tadlocks Glasses.

Tadlocks Glasses is actually my favorite song of that album. I mean if marketed right that song could have been such a hit because its so unique and has that old school sound to it, especially Mike D's final hook.

Anyways that's my story

Welcome!

"there's plenty of room for everyone at the table" (that's your man; Mike D!)

I agree that Hot Sauce is perfection epitomized.

We are glad to have you here!

(hugs)
Old 04-15-2012, 05:44 AM

That's great really great to have all supporters here young old, I only just jumped on the forum. I became a fan in the hello nasty era here in NZ when the intergalactic single hit the radio followed by body movin and 3mc's to a lesser extent and a massive tour i was hooked for life. Totally agree about hscp2 the beats and music are just incredible the boys never disappoint with their work.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 AM
You hear that fkn brass?

Welcome (:

TT5B is one of my favorite albums too, idk why its dogged on either.
Im 19 so I understand what you're sayin'
I got into them when I was around 11 cause of my father so I guess you could say im somewhat a newer fan too eh?

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Beasties#2fan

This makes me smile!!!

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

They should make a tadlocks glasses music video, picture that!

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 PM
crazy sniffable

tadlock's reigns! can't say how well the single treatment would have fared but it sure makes for a classic album cut.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Current Member

I dreamed they made a video for it once Yauch got the all clear. It was sort of a closing one door/opening another thing.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM

If you are being literal, that is uncanny. I had a dream that they made a video / single for lisa lisa / tadlocks with the two songs merged. I never would have belied someone else had a dream so similar.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Current Member

Completely serious.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 AM

i'm good for 1 beastie dream every 10 days...i hate myself for it!

thank you Adam.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

I LOVE when I have beastie dreams!

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:43 AM

I'm glad you discovered the Beasties, malikstotle. I'm also 22, and the first BB song I heard/saw was also Intergalactic, on MTV when I was around 10. I was completely mesmerized by the music, video, and style, 'cause I'd never seen anything like it. Been a fan ever since

And for a moment I knew what it was all about...