Old 06-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Prophets of Rage cover Beastie Boys

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ress-hill-ratm
Old 06-06-2016, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Prophets of Rage cover Beastie Boys

I'm mad excited about this project and hope to see them live this summer.

That said, I hope Mike and Adam never do anything like this.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Phone your mom or dad!

Hey Brooklyndust tickets go on sale this Friday for Aug 25. I'll be there for sure. Let me know if you're going and we'll meet up.

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS

Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N8xr8Bw9FyU

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
I'm mad excited about this project and hope to see them live this summer.

That said, I hope Mike and Adam never do anything like this.
I wouldn't mind seeing Adrock do something like this rather than the Champagne Jerry stuff.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan11 View Post
Hey Brooklyndust tickets go on sale this Friday for Aug 25. I'll be there for sure. Let me know if you're going and we'll meet up.
Sounds good Double D. Where is happening? Anyone else in the GTA want to go?
Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Phone your mom or dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Sounds good Double D. Where is happening? Anyone else in the GTA want to go?
SV is always down. I'll message her

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS

Old 06-08-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Adrock do something like this rather than the Champagne Jerry stuff.
I would rather see Adrock create something that he likes, with his friends, instead of cashing out with some supergroup that doesn't make sense.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:

thank you Adam.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:32 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Anything would be better than champagne Jerry

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes

Old 06-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Monk View Post
Anything would be better than champagne Jerry
Nasal Tongues. That is what I want to see.

Keep it on

Last edited by Bradleystp : 06-08-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:26 AM
technically insane

yea so I have been following this and excited about it.

Originally I thought it was going to be the original Rage Against the Machine coming out with some anti trump album, but I dont think I have any complaint about this lineup and would love to see it live

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 06-11-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I would rather see Adrock create something that he likes, with his friends, instead of cashing out with some supergroup that doesn't make sense.
https://youtu.be/VYCxm0NGRFE?t=24s
Old 06-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I think they look awful awkward up there, but that's my honest opinion. I rather see all three bands on one tour on the same bill, not Rage lite with Chuck and Breal. But, thats just me.

Thanks for the link. I watched the video. I'm confused to why you sent it to me though. But, thanks.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I think they look awful awkward up there, but that's my honest opinion. I rather see all three bands on one tour on the same bill, not Rage lite with Chuck and Breal. But, thats just me.

Thanks for the link. I watched the video. I'm confused to why you sent it to me though. But, thanks.
You mentioned they were a supergroup that doesn't make sense. The interview is them explaining in their own words why they formed and what they're planning to do.

I grew up on the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy and they're still my two favorite groups to this day.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
You mentioned they were a supergroup that doesn't make sense. The interview is them explaining in their own words why they formed and what they're planning to do.

I grew up on the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy and they're still my two favorite groups to this day.
You misinterpreted what I said. I never said that the Profits of Rage didn't make sense. I said that I didn't want to see Adrock cashing out with some supergroup that doesn't make sense. I was talking about Adrock. Not the Profits of Rage.

But, since you brought it up... Rage band members and Chuck D make sense due to both groups being super political from the jump. It was rumored at one point that Chuck would take over for Rage after Zack left. Breal? That's a little bit of a stretch, but I get it. Breal and Chuck have always been great with a live band. That being said, I rather just see Rage reform and tour with Cypress and PE. That would be massive. This mash-up cover band covering all three bands greatest hits and a couple new songs doesn't inspire me. I rather see Zack, Chuck, and Breal headlining their own bands in one massive tour. Maybe an encore with all three bands performing together. After watching that video you linked me, I'm less excited about seeing them live and will probably skip it. It just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe after they do more shows their performances will tighten up. This to me is Rage Lite. Just my own opinion.

Anyhoo, I still stand by my original statement that it would cheapen the Beasties legacy with a supergroup that was put together just to cash out on tour money. And honestly I don't think it's a road Adam or Mike want to go down.

I too grew up on the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Rage and Cypress Hill they're still my four of my favorite groups to this day.

Last edited by Micodin : 06-13-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
You misinterpreted what I said. I never said that the Profits of Rage didn't make sense. I said that I didn't want to see Adrock cashing out with some supergroup that doesn't make sense. I was talking about Adrock. Not the Profits of Rage.

But, since you brought it up... Rage band members and Chuck D make sense due to both groups being super political from the jump. It was rumored at one point that Chuck would take over for Rage after Zack left. Breal? That's a little bit of a stretch, but I get it. Breal and Chuck have always been great with a live band. That being said, I rather just see Rage reform and tour with Cypress and PE. That would be massive. This mash-up cover band covering all three bands greatest hits and a couple new songs doesn't inspire me. I rather see Zack, Chuck, and Breal headlining their own bands in one massive tour. Maybe an encore with all three bands performing together. After watching that video you linked me, I'm less excited about seeing them live and will probably skip it. It just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe after they do more shows their performances will tighten up. This to me is Rage Lite. Just my own opinion.

Anyhoo, I still stand by my original statement that it would cheapen the Beasties legacy with a supergroup that was put together just to cash out on tour money. And honestly I don't think it's a road Adam or Mike want to go down.

I too grew up on the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Rage and Cypress Hill they're still my four of my favorite groups to this day.
Sorry for misinterpreting you, I thought you were talking about Prophets of Rage. I'm such a big Chuck D fan, that I'm excited for his new group. Most people don't know it, but Public Enemy are still releasing some of best rap songs out there. It's a shame that their audience isn't as big as it once was. Maybe Prophets of Rage can help him reach more people. I'm looking forward to hearing their new songs.

As for Adrock, I wouldn't mind seeing him join a supergroup that releases new music like Prophets of Rage plan to, BUT I wouldn't want to see him tour just to play Beastie Boys songs. That would be no bueno.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Sorry for misinterpreting you, I thought you were talking about Prophets of Rage. I'm such a big Chuck D fan, that I'm excited for his new group. Most people don't know it, but Public Enemy are still releasing some of best rap songs out there. It's a shame that their audience isn't as big as it once was. Maybe Prophets of Rage can help him reach more people. I'm looking forward to hearing their new songs.

As for Adrock, I wouldn't mind seeing him join a supergroup that releases new music like Prophets of Rage plan to, BUT I wouldn't want to see him tour just to play Beastie Boys songs. That would be no bueno.
Sorry for coming off rude. After I re-read my comments I cringed a little. Plus, the recent shootings have me shook.

I love Chuck as well. I started following PE when ITANOMTHUB dropped. Their production has been a little lackluster as of late but usually I dig 50% of the songs on the new records they've been putting out recently. There are some solid gems that have been on those last few records. I think the first 3 Cypress records are classics as well.

I dig the concept of Profits of Rage, I just think it's a missed opportunity for all three bands go out and get the word out and educate the masses to what is happening right now in this country. And, I was mildly disappointed from the YouTube videos I've been checking out. They need to drop a solid EP with some bangers and then I'll get onboard.

As for Adrock... I just want him to do whatever makes him happy. If joining another band makes him happy then cool. He's given us more than enough music to listen to. It would just break my heart seeing him (or Mike) performing Pass the Mic and Root Down without Yauch. That would make me sad.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
As for Adrock... It would just break my heart seeing him (or Mike) performing Pass the Mic and Root Down without Yauch. That would make me sad.
I definitely agree with you on this.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Rage band members and Chuck D make sense due to both groups being super political from the jump. It was rumored at one point that Chuck would take over for Rage after Zack left. Breal? That's a little bit of a stretch, but I get it.
B-Real was also rumored to be the new frontman of Rage when Zack left.

message board

Old 06-17-2016, 01:00 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
B-Real was also rumored to be the new frontman of Rage when Zack left.
Kinda strange to me as I never thought of B Real as being that political except for legalizing it

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes

Old 06-20-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Monk View Post
Kinda strange to me as I never thought of B Real as being that political except for legalizing it
And they ended up going with Chris Cornell, who if memory serves said "As long as I don't have to sing about that political shit." upon being offered the job.

I think they offered B the job because they were huge fans of CH. if you've heard the live recordings of B and Sen doing "How I could Just Kill a Man" there is no denying that they all have crazy chemistry together.

message board