Old 08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
totally rules.

Default English Premier League.

the most entertaining, therefore best, football league in the world starts again this weekend. most previews have Man Utd winning the title again and its hard to disagree when they've spent so much money and will be able to get rid of some of the lepers in the squad (Fletcher, etc). although with new faces, team chemistry will be an issue. i.e Tevez and Rooney playing a similar game, both like to come deep and run at defenders. however, Ferguson will again impose his will upon the team and force players to adapt and gel.
Chelsea can continue to get fucked. not only did they not win the title last year, they were totally boring in doing so. apparently Jose wants to play with more flair and width this year, hence Malouda's signing, but I can see in some tight games the dull narrow midfield diamond making a come back as Mourinho loses his nerve. Robben will probably depart, as will either Ballack or Shevchenko or both by January if things aren't in top shape. Shevchenko is probably 4th on the striker depth chart and won't appreciate that for long. I wish Essien played for a different team. honestly though, I hope it all goes to shit for Chelski.
However, I don't mind if Liverpool do well. I like Benitez and Gerrard is the best player in England. their central midfield is a match for any team anywhere, and hopefully Benitez will put Babel on the right and let Gerrard maraud through the middle. Torres to score loads of goals, Mascherano to play like he did for most of the World Cup, back four to be a bit shaky but not fatally. 2nd.
despite Roosta and I having all the answers for Arsenal's problems, Wenger will still not swallow his pride and call us. hopefully, the youngsters repay the faith Wegner's system has shown in them and play like they did in the Carling Cup for the whole EPL season. It's getting towards sink or swim time. there's talent everywhere, and a huge break-out season from any number of players is a definite possibility. they'll play football as it's meant to be played, but a lot is going to ride on Eduardo finishing off the dozens of chances the team creates. if he or Van Persie can score 20+ then Arsenal should be in good shape.
Tottenham want to play with the big boys, but they can get fucked along with Chelski. they'll lose too many easy games to be contenders.
Newcastle could be the dark horse this year. they finally have a decent manager and some serious players. but they're Newcastle, so won't win anything.

anyway, fuck you.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Perusing the Internets

Default Re: English Premier League.

bugger off, geezer/eurosnob.

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
A is for Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum View Post
Newcastle could be the dark horse this year. they finally have a decent manager and some serious players. but they're Newcastle, so won't win anything.
Im still holding them out to be the most improved this season, top 5 atleast, not title contenders.. they get injured too much, but they've defenetly got someone who can handle the team finally and a good amount of experienced players (and way too many strikers... dunno why we have like 6... sell owen, he cant go 3 games without limping off) but yeah, liverpool wont be a title contender, even with torres, theyve still got some ground to make up... unfortunately man utd will probably do well again, not treble well, but decent. chelski can continue blowing their loads on eachother cuz noone cares. I really hope arsenal surprises everyone and does really well. that would be my favorite thing to see (next to newcastle winning again crap teams instead of tieing good teams and losing to watford...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
It's sad how you think you're so intelligent. You fag.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
totally rules.

Owen has had it I think. I can definitely see him being sold for a discount price to some mid-lower table club, eg. Blackburn, Portsmouth, and then being injured again for months. I wonder if Martins will stay. I think he's quality and don't know why Arsenal didn't grab him for 13 million to replace Henry.

MIKE D'S HAIR!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 AM
How It Is

Yeah, I can't really see anyone but Man United winning it. If Tevez plays anything like he did for West Ham, but with a full strength ManYoo side behind him he'll fucking devour little teams. The thing with Man U will be, they will be given tough, tough games by the other "big 4", but the rest of the season they will kick seven shades of shit out of the other teams and therein will storm on to glory. Fuckers.

Chelsea arn't gonna do anything. It all really depends on wether or not Drogba's season last year was a flash in the pan. If he keeps it up, they'll threaten, but I think their done.

Liverpool spent big and hopefully it wont be repaid. I hate Liverpool. Their fans are smug fuckers who think that their history means they are OWED a championship and last years semi-mini-revival seems to have wiped their memory of a decade of Arsenal finishing above them and winning Championships. Now theyre cock of the walk with their Yank money, but at the end of the day, they're still Liverpool and will cock it up. Hopefully.

As Tatum says, if me and him would get the call we'd set Arsenal right on the road to glory...but alas. I think the key man this season won't be Cesc, but will be Van Persie. He was our top scorer last season, and if he had'nt have broken his foot could have been in contention for Golden Boot AND could have made the difference and put us into 3rd place. Think of the amount of games where the Arse were fannying about and not scoring..and now think if RVP had been still playing. Thing is, he'll probably get injured and then we're fucked. Cesc also needs to get some goals, big time.

I think the surprise package are gonna be Aston Villa. I don't know why.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Silly Walker

Man Utd ftw!!!

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Silly Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmute rhyme View Post
Huh? They don't even play football, they play soccer.
No, they play football. Americans play soccer.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
!?

i think everton might be the dark horses if they can stay fit and buy well in january. totten ham can fuck off. anyone willing to spend that much money on bent, is foolish. arsenal i will always like as long arsene is there. a big season from van persie is needed. reading midtable. derby. fulham. wigan. relegated. i have no idea who will win the league. whoever leaves the champions league earliest. not chelsea, as they will win the champions league.

they got the steely dan t-shirt...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Broken! and ****** soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker View Post
No, they play football. Americans play soccer.
well said
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nsSuHnlPthA
Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
totally rules.

icy, do you still support Chelski even though they didn't win the title?

MIKE D'S HAIR!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Broken! and ****** soon!

i've always liked chavski and liverpool, but i;m more towards liverpool now. it'll be good if Kewell gets in a few games this year. i am a huge Shev fan tho, so hopefully he actually has a decent season this time around
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Hey Ladies!!!

Villa are my English team. I reckon they will be mediocre again.

I reckon Spurs might do well this year. Not win the title or anything, just spring some shocks.

""I'll come round your house while you're doin' your dishes, I'm in the spare room with my fingers in your Missus..."

Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
totally rules.

well they're certainly springing you some shocks, gus. but not of the kind you were predicting. they actually got booed off against Everton. one more loss and a couple of Arsenal wins and Spurs can fuck right off to 5/6/7/8th position. *high fives roosta*

not so good for my fantasy team Tottenham keeper though. Robinson currently collecting me minus points.

MIKE D'S HAIR!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
How It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum View Post
well they're certainly springing you some shocks, gus. but not of the kind you were predicting. they actually got booed off against Everton. one more loss and a couple of Arsenal wins and Spurs can fuck right off to 5/6/7/8th position. *high fives roosta*

not so good for my fantasy team Tottenham keeper though. Robinson currently collecting me minus points.
Woo hoo...yeah, its kinda funny, for all the talk from all the pundits bout how Spurs were gonna break into the top 4, then they go and lose their first two games..Muahahaha....long may it continue.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
How It Is

Rafa Benetiz has lost his mind.

Any 'Pool fans here? How is he making you feel?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Gumbercules?

I'm no Liverpoor fan, but something about Rafa certainly makes me feel tingly all over, and it isn't his goatee. Perhaps it's his penchant for match-losing squad rotation?

Hehehehehe

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack

Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: English Premier League.

Liverpool started the season well, it's a shame.

I kind of feel sorry for Tottenham. They have a good squad, and Jol is (or used to be) a decent manager. It's just not coming together for them somehow. Hopefully they'll either start doing well or get relegated and sell all their players for bargain prices. Fergie has claimed he's not buying in January but even so we could do with a bit of strengthening. Nice to see Anderson settling in though, he just needs to start scoring.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Gumbercules?

Jol resigns

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack

Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
How It Is

this thread isn't getting near enough attention...

Yeah, So Arse 2-2 ManYoo. Fair result. Two best teams in the country, go away with a draw. Maybe im biased, but i say Arsenal played the best football, but regardless, both teams fought for it. We can now both go off and see who racks up the most points against other teams..

Chelsea arn't written off by a long shit. Its sad to say, but Abromavich will probably be justified in sacking Jose in his demand of "attacking football". I say sad cause it'll mean an owner's footballing decisions will be right, which is a bad precedent to set.

Sir Alex talks though his fucking hole. I don't care how many trophys he's won, he's a petulant bastard when he wants to be.

TOP O THE LEAGUE

*Hi fives drederick*
Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 AM
for your health

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
this thread isn't getting near enough attention...

Yeah, So Arse 2-2 ManYoo. Fair result. Two best teams in the country, go away with a draw. Maybe im biased, but i say Arsenal played the best football, but regardless, both teams fought for it. We can now both go off and see who racks up the most points against other teams..

did you see that old woman giving Ryan Giggs the finger when he was taking a corner?

if that doesn't get repeated on Soccer A.M. next Saturday I'll be suprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I've never been nor do I ever want to go to a party where dude takes his shirt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
I'm known to compliment a nice beard and I definitely have boobs and a vagina.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: English Premier League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
Chelsea arn't written off by a long shit.
lol

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 11-04-2007, 11:15 AM
How It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
lol
hahaha...

I hadn't noticed that
Old 11-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Gumbercules?