Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 11:55 AM
anti-semite cossack sluts

Default manson follower 'squeaky' fromme released from prison

is this a good idea? i'm sure she's been deemed rehabilitated as i'm pretty sure some former manson followers genuinely have been, but fromme always struck me as one of the more zealous and unrelenting of manson's followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the associated press

‘Squeaky’ Fromme released from prison

Manson follower spent decades in prison for trying to shoot President Ford

BREAKING NEWS

updated 56 minutes ago

FORT WORTH, Texas - The Charles Manson follower convicted of trying to assassinate President Gerald Ford was released Friday from a Texas prison hospital after more than three decades behind bars, a prison official said.

Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was just 26 years old when she pointed a semiautomatic .45- caliber pistol at Ford in September 1975 in Sacramento, Calif. Secret Service agents grabbed her and Ford was unhurt.

Fromme, now 60, left the Federal Medical Center Carswell in Fort Worth at about 8 a.m. Friday, spokeswoman Dr. Maria Douglas said in a statement.

Fromme, who got a life term, became the first person sentenced under a special federal law covering assaults on U.S. presidents, a statute enacted after the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Ford was walking to the California State Capitol from his hotel when Fromme pushed through the crowd, drew the pistol from a holster on her thigh and pointed it at the president as he shook hands with well-wishers. She was restrained by Secret Service agents who wrested the gun away from her and led the president to safety.

Fromme was granted parole in July 2008 and released "via good conduct time" after completing a 15-month sentence for unlawful escape from a federal correctional institution, according to the statement. That sentence was being served consecutively after a life sentence for threats against the president.

She escaped from a female prison in Alderson, W.Va., on Dec. 23, 1987, and was recaptured about two miles away on Christmas Day after a massive search. She was sentenced to an additional 15 months in prison for the escape. Fromme had said she escaped from prison to be closer to Manson.

It was unclear why Fromme was at Carswell, a facility that specializes in providing medical and mental health services to female offenders. A spokeswoman for the bureau of prisons did not immediately return a phone call Wednesday seeking comment.

"I knew someday she would be released," said John Virga, the Sacramento attorney who handled her trial.

Fromme served time in at least two other facilities before Carswell.

Manson is serving a life term in San Quentin in California for the 1969 murders of actress Sharon Tate and eight others. Fromme, one of his "family" of followers, was not implicated in those attacks.

link with more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
baseball is the r&b of sports

Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
The Dude minds

Default Re: manson follower 'squeaky' fromme released from prison

I heard the Eagles are trying her out to play QB next week.

Got 99 problems and they all bitches

Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
anti-semite cossack sluts

she tried to kill gerald ford, and idolized charles manson. this doesn't sit well with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
baseball is the r&b of sports

Old 08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Peace & Love

She and Dick Cheney could probably provide a wicked death panel service.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-15-2009, 01:30 AM

She committed attempted murder, not murder. I have no idea whether she's a good candidate for parole or not, but most people with her record get paroled much earlier.

They're apparently letting scads of people out of prison in CA for budget reasons--I imagine that there are far more dangerous people getting out every day.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad View Post
She committed attempted murder, not murder. I have no idea whether she's a good candidate for parole or not, but most people with her record get paroled much earlier.

They're apparently letting scads of people out of prison in CA for budget reasons--I imagine that there are far more dangerous people getting out every day.
The creepy part of her release to me is her attempted assassination of a president and the Helter Skelter that the Manson family spoke of was the beginning of a black vs. white race war.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-15-2009, 03:08 AM

If what I read on wikipedia is true, she tried to escape and see Manson as late as 1989. That's fucked up.

I used to be obsessed with all the Manson stuff when I was a kid. I read Helter Skelter several times without my parents knowing.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad View Post
If what I read on wikipedia is true, she tried to escape and see Manson as late as 1989. That's fucked up.

I used to be obsessed with all the Manson stuff when I was a kid. I read Helter Skelter several times without my parents knowing.
I was high as a kite when I read it. Thirteen maybe fourteen. Not the funnest book to read while smokin' weed.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Peace & Love

20 year old interview of Lynette Fromme.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]