Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 01-09-2006, 07:19 AM

Thumbs down NOW ladies need to do a better job of picking their fights...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2284993

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 AM
feeder

Default Re: NOW ladies need to do a better job of picking their fights...

I don't understand your criticism. She made a valid point - the coach guy expressed all of this concern over the fact that, oh, the poor boy, now his future is ruined. Well, frankly, that was a choice this boy made when he sexually assaulted the girl. What about her, where is the coach's great concern for what she's going through, eh?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Ali akbar, bytche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
What about her, where is the coach's great concern for what she's going through, eh?
Same place as Vulvano's

nixon and bush are the bitches of the same master - bionic

Old 01-10-2006, 12:52 AM
the time is now

Quote:
I don't understand your criticism. She made a valid point - the coach guy expressed all of this concern over the fact that, oh, the poor boy, now his future is ruined. Well, frankly, that was a choice this boy made when he sexually assaulted the girl. What about her, where is the coach's great concern for what she's going through, eh?
Well he is a football coach and has been for 40 years plus. He was asked about the football player before a football game. So he talked about the football player, and he didn't say anything insensitive about the ALLEGED victim. If you've ever heard him speak, you can picture him saying that in a football context and not meaning harm by it. Also, no charges have been brought, so you can't really say he that he made the choice to sexually assault her. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

www.ZeroHour.com

Old 01-10-2006, 03:40 AM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohour
Well he is a football coach and has been for 40 years plus. He was asked about the football player before a football game. So he talked about the football player, and he didn't say anything insensitive about the ALLEGED victim. If you've ever heard him speak, you can picture him saying that in a football context and not meaning harm by it. Also, no charges have been brought, so you can't really say he that he made the choice to sexually assault her. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?
Look, I can/t pretend to know any more about the particular case than what was in that brief article. But 'not meaning any harm' is not exactly the same as 'being inoffensive'. I'm not saying the coach comitted some egregious crime, just that he may be being insensitive, and I don't think it's neccessariy wrong for the NOW woman to have pointed that out.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Look, I can/t pretend to know any more about the particular case than what was in that brief article. But 'not meaning any harm' is not exactly the same as 'being inoffensive'. I'm not saying the coach comitted some egregious crime, just that he may be being insensitive, and I don't think it's neccessariy wrong for the NOW woman to have pointed that out.
I second that.

I didn't hear any sympathy for the alleged victim.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Is this fun yet?

If the NOW rep was hot, Valvano wouldn't have had a problem.

Quote:
...is watching the live feed, waiting for the first Chilean miner to reach the surface, wild-eyed and consumed by bloodthirst, as the rescue team unknowingly brings the zombie virus- and it's first 34 carriers- to an unsuspecting world.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
the time is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubtTIF
I second that.

I didn't hear any sympathy for the alleged victim.
The quote is in the context of a football game and by reading it on the web you can't hear the inflection of his voice, which would indicate he was showing sympathy for all involved parties. This is why you didn’t “hear” any sympathy. Again, if you've ever heard the guy talk he is a 78 year old football coach who rambles when asked any question, but has his heart in the right place.

Quote:
The NOW woman didn't point that out, they asked for his resignation. Which I personally think is ridiculous. If they asked for an apology or clarification, then fine. Asking for his resignation makes their organization look like a joke considering what he said.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

www.ZeroHour.com