Old 12-07-2004, 06:45 PM
The name Praying Mantis

Default Wembley Review - Sort of!

Well What A Night!

The show was awsome but i will leave the full reviews to someone else, just have a little story to tell.

Arrived at the arena around 3.45pm...damn, i was not the first person there! Met up with Damaja (a nice guy hides behind that notorious online persona!), then Timmie turned up followed shortly by Sophie...PaddyBoy and others. Just before 6 James B and Cey Adams turned up to do the video shoutouts, gotta say BIG thanks and respect to both those guys for what they did for us...basically we got our shoutouts on the screen, timmie and i appeared at least twice! Even better than that though, after Cey heard Timmies missus and friend only had seated tix (we all had standing) he disappeared for a few mins, only to return with enough VIP backstage passes for our group.
We ended up watching Talib then the BBoys from the left side of the stage next to the band dressing rooms! We all met Alfredo, Mix Master Mike, watched the boys playing basketball, saw mca's wife and daughter, Timmie spoke to mca before he went on stage...the list goes on.

Bar my wedding this weekend, this has been the best night of my life.
Thanks again to everyone involved, crew, band, wembley staff and all the board members that I got to meet - what decent people they all are.
Final shoutout to Shazam_21 who arrived to late, nice to meet you sorry you weren't backstage.

Pete
Old 12-07-2004, 06:47 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Default Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

damn! you're so lucky!!! any rare songs they play?

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-07-2004, 06:53 PM
The name Praying Mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
damn! you're so lucky!!! any rare songs they play?
Cannot remember, it still seems like a dream! I think on it, maybe someone else can answer.
They played the usual ones plus eggman, paul revere, shake your rump, somethings gotta give...

As i was not first at wembley today (my aim!) then i had to be first to post after the gig!

Pete
Old 12-07-2004, 07:00 PM
The In Sound From Way Out

Hi guys, this is my first post, been a lurker for a while!!

But i have to say that was AMAZING!! What a show, i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!! I was right at the front (about 2 people in front of me!) being crushed & pushed all in between dancing my tits off!!

I also got on the big screen (i was the first one on in the wig, shades & sideways cap, my lame attempt at dressin to impress!) which made me a million times happier than i was to just be there (which was very, very happy!!)

I can't believe they opened with Egg Man...AMAZING!!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:38 PM

Talking Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

the show was amaaaaaaaaaaazingly incredible.. one of the sickest shows EVER! i love them soo much.
and ad-rock still stands as the SEXIEST man alive. jeeeeeeeesus chrrrrrrist. ahhh! im so wired!!! they did all the keew songs and it they're all jokers too. luv itt.
i danced, lunged and sang the whole friggin nite.. i watched them side stage.. and got to c them go on stage, (we were right next to their dressing rooms).. aaaand we saw them playing b-ball on a tiny court backstage. and i met mix master mike and alphredo. one of the best nights of the yr. cant wait to see my pics!
i'll just say again: ad-rock is the hottest man on earth.
c'est tout.
me a hella happy bunny. HECK YEEEAA!!!!
oh and it was so awesome to meet all u guys from the board- paddy, timmie, peter, emily, damaja etc.. u all rule. c y'all at the next gig. and take currr!
xx
Old 12-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Meddles

Regarding the songs the performed, as I have an original set-list in front of me, I shall type exactly what it says:

show Intro
MMM onstage intro

EGG MAN
ROOT DOWN
SURE SHOT

**video break**

PASS THE MIC
TRIPLE TROUBLE
NEW STYLE

**video break**

SUPER DISCO BREAKIN'
SKILLS TO PAY THE BILLS
SHAKE YOUR RUMP
MMM

float to dsc

SABROSA
RICKY'S THEME (crossed out in thick black felt pen, then corrected to Lighten Up)
SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE

**video break**

OPEN LETTER TO NYC
RIGHT NOW
PAUL REVERE
BODY MOVIN'

**video & banter break88

3MC'S AND 1 DJ
BRASS MONKEY
CHECK IT OUT
SO WHATCHA WANT
Matrix-----------------
INTERGALACTIC
house lights up
GRATITUDE
SABOTAGE

Absolutely awsome night. On the rail, front and centre, touched MCA a couple of times as he was walking up and down the front barrier, on the big screens a few times with the crowd shots, and got an original set-list at the end. Quality.

PS - There was a nice looking girl wearing a yellow top and a hat, right at the front. I was stood next to you, singing quite a bit. If you wanna hook up, gimme a PM.

haha - long shot but worth a try!

Anyway, like i said, had a whale of a time. looking forward to hearing everyone else' stories.

PPS - Got loads of pics on camera phone, if any are any good, i'll post 'em here.

PPPS - Forgot to grab a ticket at the gate at the end. If anyone wants to donate one, i'd be more than pleased.

(iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmmm doin' alright - Hehehe )

I'll shut up now. Bye

ICA - May 15th 2004
Wembley Arena - Dec 7th 2004
Rock Werchter - June 28th 2007
Wembley Stadium - July 7th 2007
Brixton - Sep 4th 2007
Brixton - Sep 5th 2007
Roundhouse - Sep 6th 2007

Last edited by neilmedler : 12-07-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I AM A ROBOT

was right at the front man and tried to high-five mca as he walked past but missed and just slapped his arm!! (SORRY MAN!! ) someone near me grabbed him i think and something he had fell into the crowd and loads of people started looking for it - ain't got a clue what it was thou, took loads of pictures and cameraphone clips - excellent night!!

"she's got a chicken to ride, she's got a chicken to ri..i..idee,
she's got a chicken to ride, but she don't care..."

Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
The name Praying Mantis

By the way, the backstage area was called the Pageant Pit and you needed a special wristband (not a Wembley one), there were probably around 50 people in there before the show started...mostly band/crew then during the gig around 75-100 there

Pete
Old 12-08-2004, 09:39 AM

just gotta say still reelin & rockin from wembleY! what a blast! feel like i had 10 cans of red bull! the enrgy & fun emanating from it! man feel the love ha!
completely shazamed! whay can't every night be a beasties concert boo hoo!...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:59 AM

that show fuckin rocked original b-boy paradise
stuck up in the seats but still found room to get my funk on
big up to chrissy who teased my eyes all nite
Old 12-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Dear New York

As i popped to the toilet & watching the bboys shoot some hoops! I bumped into MCA & shock his hand! and a quick chat!!!.....I have to put all this down to Cey Adams & James B for making it just an unbelievable night!!.....after waiting around for about 20 mins, i turned to my left only to see Mix Master Mike standing right next to me with Alfredo!!!.....got them to sign my t-shirt and lots of pics.....then Mike D came up and quickly spoke to MMM and then he was off like light!!!....then it was more pics time........stay tuned guys...

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Dear New York

mike d on the stairs going on stage

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
4thbeastieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterclamp
Final shoutout to Shazam_21 who arrived to late, nice to meet you sorry you weren't backstage.
Darn! cheers mate, sounds like you had a wicked time, it was nice to meet you all too.

Well it seems everyone enjoyed theirselves, surprised no-one mentioned when Money Mark fell during Sabotage. He launched himself off a box towards his keys, then ended on his ass. I just managed to catch it, hope they got it on camera for the dvd!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Intergalactic

Last night was amazing i had a really great time and i will never forget it!!! I've been looking forward to seeing them for so long and i hadn't seen them before. They were even better than i thought. I also brought along three freinds who do not know much of there stuff, but came out saying how amazing it was.

SAME TIME NEXT YEAR
Old 12-08-2004, 12:22 PM

awweessooome show, visuals just added to it all, last time i saw em the technology weren't up to that much
superstar MMM as were they all, saw MMM at some gig at the scala -kings cross a while ago anyone know what it was, he was amazing then.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 PM
4thbeastieboy

can anyone recall the french writting on their shirts? Adrocks said i love you, ' Je t'aime' i think

Old 12-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterclamp
Well What A Night!

The show was awsome but i will leave the full reviews to someone else, just have a little story to tell.

Arrived at the arena around 3.45pm...damn, i was not the first person there! Met up with Damaja (a nice guy hides behind that notorious online persona!), then Timmie turned up followed shortly by Sophie...PaddyBoy and others. Just before 6 James B and Cey Adams turned up to do the video shoutouts, gotta say BIG thanks and respect to both those guys for what they did for us...basically we got our shoutouts on the screen, timmie and i appeared at least twice! Even better than that though, after Cey heard Timmies missus and friend only had seated tix (we all had standing) he disappeared for a few mins, only to return with enough VIP backstage passes for our group.
We ended up watching Talib then the BBoys from the left side of the stage next to the band dressing rooms! We all met Alfredo, Mix Master Mike, watched the boys playing basketball, saw mca's wife and daughter, Timmie spoke to mca before he went on stage...the list goes on.

Bar my wedding this weekend, this has been the best night of my life.
Thanks again to everyone involved, crew, band, wembley staff and all the board members that I got to meet - what decent people they all are.

Pete
Hope you enjoyed the fact that you got a well big cheer when you said who you were up on screen! Representiing the boards, as I think you put it, clearly got you far! Congrats again on ya wedding!

I had the best time. Thanks to Shazam_21, who hooked me up with 2 seating tkts, me and my sis made it down and what a night. She isn't quite crazy beastie boys but certainly is now. Adrock put in some performance, just in general an amazing show.

Honestly I still can't quite put it into words. Didn't see too many other 15 years olds about the place though, but it was great seeing so many people out there supporting the Beasties.

So much went on in that gig and I'm desperately trying to remember just about everything. I love that 'I'm doing alright' thing...that might not be what Adrock was saying to the crowd, and the response he wanted, but it was along those lines. Please correct me if I'm wrong! And then when people forgot about he was like 'And I thought we'd established something...'

Great nite, I'm in a bit of a rush so didn't read everthing, so sorry if stuff I've said has been mentioned. I wish there was some way I could see that show again, or hear it or something, there must be a good quality CD of it somewhere being put together right now!

Ooo and while it's on my mind how about how fast the boys got to the other end of the arena? They must've pegged it!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:50 PM
micky4fingaz

wicked night, heres the pictures i took, theres 6 pages so look through them all

http://groups.msn.com/beastieboyswem...ox.msnw?Page=1
Old 12-08-2004, 07:15 PM

Cool Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

3 Mc's and... video

ok so its not great quality
and it no way does it justice
but heres a lil something to remember the night by
Old 12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
The name Praying Mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnee@territo
3 Mc's and... video

Thats cool, you can see the backstage area on the vid...its at the top of the stage (looking at it from the direction it was filmed)...i was there!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:32 PM

i have loads more clips and some photos ill post up tomorrow - its ya boy!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnee@territo
3 Mc's and... video

that was awesome! GOOD JOB! i love the memory documentation of one of the sickest gigs ive ever been to. ahhhhh KICK A!

ahiiiiiiiiii'm doin alright cos Ad-rock said he'll take care of me :)

Old 12-09-2004, 05:47 AM
woooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaja
Am I the only one who wants to fly over to Germany or Italy this month and see them again?

Na im seriously considering going to one, tried to book tickets for one of them yesterday problem being i dont understand italian or german.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:48 AM
Muff moomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid
Na im seriously considering going to one, tried to book tickets for one of them yesterday problem being i dont understand italian or german.
yeah man we had the german dictionary out and everything