Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Bacardi by Night

Default Re: The White House is asking that you report dissenting views

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoney$ View Post
Oh, you must be alluding to the Patroit Act.
Obama continued that too.
Illegal wiretapping is fine with him.

Didn't like this kind of shit under Bush, and I don't like under this guy either.
Yeah, Hillary voted for re-authorization, even after she came out saying it was crap. Both Hillary and Obama said that they didn't agree with the impeding of civil liberties, but they agreed with other provisions of the act and it was worth it to them to give up a few civil liberties for the overall security that the bill provided. The Democrats who refused to vote for re-authorization of the Patriot Act didn't have a realistic shot at the presidency last year.

Either way, I agree that the bill is bullshit. I don't want to give up any of my liberties for any security. That's the beginning of a snowball that shouldn't have been created.

Quote:
At what point does the government incrementaly taking away your freedom become too much?
As for that...they're not taking away any freedom. They're asking for you to volunteer information, if you know anything. They're not demanding. You're offering your name, your email address, your information you provide. They're not forcing it out of you; you're doing it under your own free will. If you don't trust the government with that kind of information, then you don't report anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we runnin' out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution that will fix everything!

Last edited by QueenAdrock : 08-10-2009 at 01:08 AM.