Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Nasal Poets/Nasal Tongue

Default DJ Hurricane's New Book

http://hiphopgods.rapstation.com/news/dj.hurricane.book

The legendary DJ Hurricane has just released his first book, My Dreams Came True: (And Yours Can Too).

Wendell "Hurricane" Fite overcame the challenges of a crime-ridden and drug-infested Hollis, Queens back in the 1980's to become a permanent DJ for the Beastie Boys for over a decade, enabling him to travel the world and parlay his career and affiliations into a life that still beats hip hop.

In the book, DJ Hurricane shares some of his experiences and tips on how you can live the life of your dreams, too.

Please visit http://www.amazon.com/My-Dreams-Came...00N4HHR2A/ref= to support the book now, available in Kindle and paperback editions.

Hurricane grew up as childhood buddies with the late, great Jam Master Jay from Run-DMC. He got his start as a member of the group Solo Sounds with Davy DMX and as a bodyguard on Run-DMC's "Raising Hell Tour," the same tour he went onto be a permanent DJ for the Beastie Boys for the next decade, plus. He was also a member of the group called The Afros and he recorded three solo albums - "The Hurra" in 1995, "Severe Damage" in 1997 and "Don't Sleep" which was released in 2000.

DJ Hurricane currently runs his own production company, "Don't Sleep Productions," and is overseeing the career of JBYRD, whose video tribute to the Green Bay Packers became a viral hit with over 1 million YouTube viewers, almost overnight.

In recent years, Hurricane was resident DJ in Las Vegas at The Wynn Hotel Club, Surrender and Encore Beach Club, and from 2008 to 2013, he was touring around the world with Faith Evans. DJ Hurricane also lectures at colleges, including Full Sail University in Orlando and Kennesaw State University in Georgia.

"All I ever really want to do is get nice
Get loose and goof my little slice of life"

"In the next millennium I'll still be old school"