Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 AM
not punk enough

Default Re: so i want to beat the crap out of one of my friends ...

are you sure there is no back story to it?

like, she regulates how much she can drink. People buy stuff in bulk all the time. If I buy 5 bottles of whiskey then it ain't for one night, its for the whole week. Spirits are also easier to keep an eye on of how much you've drunk. Beer and larger you can end up downing a case before you realise you've posioned your blood.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Basic As Fuck.

jail time

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
are you sure there is no back story to it?

like, she regulates how much she can drink. People buy stuff in bulk all the time. If I buy 5 bottles of whiskey then it ain't for one night, its for the whole week. Spirits are also easier to keep an eye on of how much you've drunk. Beer and larger you can end up downing a case before you realise you've posioned your blood.
yeah see...I slipped some alcohol to my nephew on his highschool graduation day. but I doled it out to him by spiking his drinks, I didn't just give him the bottle and say "hey go to town little buddy." And my sister knew I was doing it and she was fine with it, she knew he was gonna drink in moderation. I made sure the kid had a Designated Driver and I told him to call me and I'd come get them if the DD fell through.

Still, I realize I'm not the most responsible aunt for giving him booze... I did however try to minimize the risk by making it as safe for him as possible.

I don't know what this lady is doing though. my nephew is 18, not 15.

Cookiepuss

('vajina')

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post

Remember, women are more than just a pair of tits and you have to capture the mind before you can take that ass hostage.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
not punk enough

^^oh yeah - 21 for the yanks... I forgot they can't hold their booze until out of their teens

I come from an Irish catholic family so maybe I'm different cus we are born into guinness, but I was given booze at 15 by my family. It was regulated and I was quickly learnt that alcopops and all those bright coloured drinks are not great - 'here, try some jamesons followed by some bushmills' I was told and I never got into the cider and crap you are supposed to drink in your teens.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
slings poo

My issue with this situation is that my friend is supplying an underage girl and her friends hardcore alcohol three times a week, and shows zero accountability that its wrong.

Not that 15 years old drink alcohol, they do. When they can get their hands on it, which normally isn't three times a week.

I drank when I was young.. Spuratically.

I didn't have a well stocked bar waiting for me, calling my name when I was having a bad day...Allison is at a point where she is calling my friend and saying "I need to come over and have a drink" ... After having a fight with her parents or boyfriend...

This is just sick.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Douchebag Frat Boy

Yet the world somehow continues turning...

I'd say it like this... it's none of your concern really, so don't bother yourself with it. Let your friend play their hand out and if something bad is going to come of it, then it eventually will and what happens is what happens.

It is what it is.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
slings poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySquirrel View Post
Yet the world somehow continues turning...

I'd say it like this... it's none of your concern really, so don't bother yourself with it. Let your friend play their hand out and if something bad is going to come of it, then it eventually will and what happens is what happens.

It is what it is.
So when she ends up morgue after a drunk driving accident (yeah know that thing that RARELY happens in LA) I am sure my conscience will be clear.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM

the squirrel is right though. it may be scary but he is right.

if you want you conscience to be clear then go ring the girls mom and tell her.

just remember, your actions will always cause a reaction.

Life isn't complicated it's the people we meet that mix everything up.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I come from an Irish catholic family so maybe I'm different cus we are born into guinness, but I was given booze at 15 by my family.
There is a world of difference between being allowed alcohol by your parents, where it is regulated and integrated as part of a family occasion, and someone into whose care you have entrusted your child giving them booze regularly without your knowledge. Heaven help that woman when/if the girl's parents find out. If it was my kid, I'd rip her spine out through her throat. How dare she undermine their authority in this way, when they have placed her in this position of trust.

This friend needs beating in the head, I tell you. I was talking with a colleague about this today. As many of you already know, I work directly with kids 12-16 in a mentoring program. I can't for the life of me imagine how fucking insane and stupid I would have to be for it to ever occur to me to offer them alcohol. Not only would I lose my job, but I'd be barred from working with young people as it would turn up on a CRB check anyplace else I applied, so I wouldn't be able to get another one either. When I told me colleague about this, her jaw pretty much hit the floor. So very, very unacceptable, on so may levels.