Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I'm listening to "Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun" and MCA saying "Life comes in phases/Take the good with the bad" stung me.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:54 PM

I checked out another messageboard I go to to see if anyone had anything to say over there, and sure enough, there was a thread titled "Adam Yauch died". Now, I expected the worse, since a lot of the posters on that site are pretty prickish towards, well, everything. They've cracked jokes and shitted on celebrity deaths before, so I cringed when I clicked the thread, expecting to see a bunch of jokes and mocking over his death.

Yet, instead, what I found was genuine sadness. These are guys who don't put their smart ass guard down for anything or anyone...yet, they were feeling depressed. Even if all they wrote was "That sucks." or just put up a "", it was still more than I expected from them. Even those who weren't actually fans paid their respects, since they know of the Beastie Boys' impact on music.

This really showed me just how much the band meant to people. Seeing all of the different types of people post something revealing their fandom proves that the band has a wide and diverse fanbase. It's not just white people, black people, spanish people, fucking EVERYONE could get into them. That's not something every band can say they can do. People were sad. Legit sad over this.

Except for one guy that wrote "I don't give a shit about Adam Yauch." But he's a douchebag anyway, so fuck him.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM

I like what this writer for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon had to say on Twitter:

Quote:
Eric Ledgin ‏ @iamledgin

You know you really meant something to people when even Twitter refuses to mock your death.
I don't think the Beastie Boys will ever realize just how much they really meant to people and just how many lives they have touched.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM
1% klepto, 99% MANIAC!

Giving you a big cyber hug wherever you are. Thank you for everything. Lots of love to you and everyone who knew you and everyone on this board.

Rest in Peace, Adam Yauch

@-->--
Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Beasties#2fan

We may feel like we're the closest because we're here, but other communities are mourning as well..

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/commen..._has_died_rip/

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Funky Boss

Well I don't know if it was the right thing to do but I went out last night. Overcome with emotion on hearing the Apache break I busted on to the stage, grabbed the DJs mic and paid tribute to Adam Yauch before attempting to freestyle some rhymes in honour of the man himself.

Still, the second day of knowing this sad news and its no easier to come to terms with. He was far far too young.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwgavin

Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRzQsoVjyg

A fan's reaction I found on YouTube.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
We may feel like we're the closest because we're here, but other communities are mourning as well..
my heart goes out to all communities, but i feel like if yauch touched us allthis much it must be so hard for those closest to him like mike d, adrock, his family & close friends and love ones

they are in my thoughts

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Administrator

i was watching ufc on fox last night and they opened up the broadcast by paying homage to yauch showing a picture and mentioning his involvement in sports etc.

they ended up playing a lot of beastie boys songs through out the whole night at the arena.

thought that was pretty cool of them since no one was probably expecting it.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM
B-Boy fan in Newfoundlan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Guevera View Post
I like what this writer for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon had to say on Twitter:

I don't think the Beastie Boys will ever realize just how much they really meant to people and just how many lives they have touched.
The B Boys have just been a constant for many of us for many years, they've just been 'there'. They've also been a solid group with none of the celebrity drama like some other groups...a group to look up to and respect. They've been like buddies to me, friends I would hang out with and have some laughs.

As unfortunate as this has been to loose Yauch, this is it for the Beastie Boys as we have known them. It can't be helped and I wouldn't blame Horowitz or Diamond for going out and do their own thing (duo or solo) from this point on. I wouldn't be surprised if they released another album of their vaulted stuff to close the book on the Beastie Boys and semi-retire, or just do something different. I'll be waiting in anticipation and wish them luck for the future.

Kick the wicked rhymes like a fortune tella'

Snowmobiling in Newfoundland
http://www.sled-headz.com
http://www.lewishillbillies.com

Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Chuck D and LL inducting Beastie Boys now

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Beasties#2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Cat_1M View Post
The B Boys have just been a constant for many of us for many years, they've just been 'there'. They've also been a solid group with none of the celebrity drama like some other groups...a group to look up to and respect. They've been like buddies to me, friends I would hang out with and have some laughs.

No celebrity B.S. just solid working guys who do what they do... Guys you can respect.

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
I'm listening to "Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun" and MCA saying "Life comes in phases/Take the good with the bad" stung me.
wait til ya hear "i'm gonna die, gonna die one day cuz i'm going and going and going.. this way"
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
I can imagine because even reading your post got me.
Btw y'all the beastie boys are artist of the month on comcast on demand, they have a whole bunch of music videos on there I watched all of them it was Intergalactic, Root down, Pass the mic, chcheck it out, Sabotage, Fight for your right, and a few more. They're great quality right on your tv (:

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Last edited by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 : 05-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 PM

SNL is new tonight. I wonder if they'll reference Yauch. They performed on the show twice, after all.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Dude I bet you they will. Gonna scope that

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
One Fly Gemini

I found out at work yesterday afternoon. I've been fighting off tears, hasn't happened yet.

I just never thought this day would come, like they would go on to be those old dudes from the Ricky's Theme video and Anthology.

Just as the band dedicated "Gratitude" to my dog in 2007, I'm sending it back to MCA for gratitude.

Rest In Peace Adam Yauch and I dedicate this song by Pete Yorn to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUN3s4BgVD4

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Macy (Jan 3, 2000 - Aug 3, 2007)

http://www.facebook.com/daveblev

Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Quarry Swimmer

I've been trying not to, but I've been shedding tears for the past 2 days. It's amazing how much Adam Yauch and the Beastie Boys really mean to me and so many others.

It's been kind of hard for me to listen to them honestly... for alot of people the beastie boys have been past tense since license to ill, and its easy for them to just turn it on and celebrate his life. But for me, the beasties already were a huge part of my everyday life, you know? I'm reeling.

I just watched Horovitz read Yauch's letter on the rock n roll HOF induction, and it was pretty heavy, but... hearing it finally, he got his chance to say goodbye to all of us. And I feel alittle more at peace now. I know Adam would want me stay positive, maintain inner peace and happiness, do something to help the world around me, and jam out to some motherfucking beastie boys...forever.

I love you Adam Yauch. Thanks.

Call me Dwight Schrute the way that I eat beats.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Super Villain

I read that Adam went to the hospital the day of the Hall of Fame ceremony, and reading the obituary, that his family was all with him when he passed. It's so very sad. But its beautiful that they were there with him. I've been listening to them all day, but that's nothing different, I listen to them every day. They were my favorite group of all time. Still have License on vinyl, that was the first album I bought when I was 13 in 1986. I'm sorry that I only got to see them live once, at Nassau Coliseum in 2004.
It just is still so unbelievable...

I feel selfish saying my life won't be the same, that's how much I love the B-Boys.

If there is some kind of afterlife, I hope Yauch is having fun. If there isn't, at least he is free from pain.
Typing this is the first time i am tearing up about this. I guess it's finally hitting.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM

First off, I want to thank this wonderful community. I have been dying in my skin for the past 1 1/2 days, sort of out on an island because I'm really the only person I know in real life that loved the Beastie Boys as much as I did. Reading through this thread though, it's made me feel a bit more connected to my brothers and sisters who are out there on this same, terrible journey with me. And for that I wish to say -- I don't know you, but for your testimonies I love you all very much.

Second (and most important of all I say here), I wish to express condolences to MCA's family, Mike D, Adrock, all of MCA's friends and his fans. Your loss is certainly almost too tough to bear -- but know that me and all of the Beastie community walk this road with you. To Mike D and Adrock -- if you were to do any kind of fund raising for cancer awareness, or perhaps some sort of musical event as a send-off for MCA and a charitable event to support the causes he held dear... I would be supportive, either by presence, by donation or other means.

MCA taught me many things, he taught me how to appreciate hip hop and when he brought social consciousness to the group, he taught me how diverse of a message music can carry. MCA elevated my level of thought by listening to those amazing flows and encouraged me to care about things that weren't inside my tiny bubble. Being a fan of the Boys was an honor, for being a fan, at least to me, meant also being passionate about groove... about hip hop... and being honorable. Knowing that MCA was absolutely on the quest for harmony, truth and enlightenment, it pushed me in that same direction. And now that I'm 35 and smart enough to understand what it was that was pulling on me when I was just 17 and listening to "The Update", among other tracks... I'm grateful for the role that he played in shaping the man that I am today.

It's up to us now, gang. Consider yesterday's events graduation. Adam once said, "I think every person has the ability to affect change... Every one of us effects the world through our actions... through our thoughts, through our every word, the way that we interact with people we're constantly affecting the world." If we all REALLY wanted to pay tribute to MCA, then we've gotta take his example and practice those principles in our daily lives. And that is in the end what I hope MCA's legacy is really known for, that because of his actions he encouraged a mass of people to push forward, and keep his dreams alive.

RIP... Rap in paradise... Mister Adam "MCA" Yauch.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
SNL is new tonight. I wonder if they'll reference Yauch. They performed on the show twice, after all.
I watched the performance from 94 on VHS earlier today. I recorded it when it was first run before they could bleep out MCA saying "I use a bullshit mike, that's made out of plastic.." on live TV.

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Watching pranked on MTV and they had an MTV news update about him.

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

7 minutes left on the R&R HOF show. they ought to be airing the tribute section pretty soon. but they still have to induct RHCP.

edit: it goes one more half hour

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Last edited by YoungRemy : 05-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:04 PM

They already did the tribute section and Yauch wasn't there.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
They already did the tribute section and Yauch wasn't there.
Because he was still alive when the show was filmed.

I think they're supposed to just put up a card at the end of the telecast tonight, dedicating the show to him?