Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

RIP Yauch. This hits me so hard. I owe everything to him and the Boys for making the music they did, that I was able to meet my future wife, and have the best son in the world, and some of the greatest experiences of my life following you guys on tour. This still doesnt seem real and I dont know if ever will. You were a great man, always took the time to be considerate to fans, the world has lost a husband, father and a music icon.

We will miss you Adam. Thank you for everything you've ever graced us fans with.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM
for your health

I like a lot of music and sometimes with the music comes great people who say great things,do great things and just never fail to bring happiness between all the crap in the world.Thank you Beastie Boys for the magic.
Thank you Adam Yauch for making a lot of people happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I've never been nor do I ever want to go to a party where dude takes his shirt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
I'm known to compliment a nice beard and I definitely have boobs and a vagina.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Old-School B-Boy

My hero. My inspiration. I'll meet you when I get there. And I'll bring a bunch of beats!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM
bite my rhymes

It's been nice reading everyone's sentiments and I would also like to offer my condolences. My favorite thing about the Beasties has always been their clever humor in their music. It has gotten me through some tough times and it will get me through this as well. I'm so glad we can revisit it at any time- it does indeed live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch View Post
peter eater parking meter all of the time.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM

i just gotta say i am torn up inside by the loss of the man who was my hero. I will miss MCA forever and will never forget his awesomeness.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM
BeastieMommy

Stay with me--you'll like this.

I teach a second grade class of inner city kids. Teachers use a variety of tools to call a class to attention. For example: teacher claps --clap, clap------clap, clap, clap and the class responds in same. This is used as a signal to listen up. Other variations are SpongeBob--Are you ready kids? Aye Aye Captain! and many others. In my class, I say, "Make some noise if you're with me" and the kids all respond with "ooh ooh"(MCA's "disco call"). It infuses my passion (teaching) with my passion (BBoys) in a most excellent, daily way. I also play MIX-UP anytime we do an energetic activity....Make Some Noise if You're with me!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
PhD In Parapsychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ren View Post

I teach a second grade class of inner city kids. Teachers use a variety of tools to call a class to attention. For example: teacher claps --clap, clap------clap, clap, clap and the class responds in same. This is used as a signal to listen up. Other variations are SpongeBob--Are you ready kids? Aye Aye Captain! and many others. In my class, I say, "Make some noise if you're with me" and the kids all respond with "ooh ooh"(MCA's "disco call"). It infuses my passion (teaching) with my passion (BBoys) in a most excellent, daily way. I also play MIX-UP anytime we do an energetic activity....Make Some Noise if You're with me!
I like this. When I used to substitute I had to give a spelling test and one of the words was shawl. My example sentence was "you look a little chilly, can I get you a shawl?"

In my current job we have to do something throughout the day that we refer to as "checking your holds." People put up various notes and reminders at their desks. Mine is a slightly modified CYH cover to say "Check Your Holds"

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
BeastieMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie View Post
I like this. When I used to substitute I had to give a spelling test and one of the words was shawl. My example sentence was "you look a little chilly, can I get you a shawl?"

In my current job we have to do something throughout the day that we refer to as "checking your holds." People put up various notes and reminders at their desks. Mine is a slightly modified CYH cover to say "Check Your Holds"
Love Love Love in so many ways. My spelling tests are somet
hing like this: cream. fresh like a box of Krispy Kreme. cream. My BBoys are always in my heart
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ren View Post

This is beautiful! I also teach! T_T two passions ...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Kid Crafty AKA Burger Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
RIP Yauch. This hits me so hard. I owe everything to him and the Boys for making the music they did, that I was able to meet my future wife, and have the best son in the world, and some of the greatest experiences of my life following you guys on tour. This still doesnt seem real and I dont know if ever will. You were a great man, always took the time to be considerate to fans, the world has lost a husband, father and a music icon.

We will miss you Adam. Thank you for everything you've ever graced us fans with.

great people!

"He Won Big In Atlantic City" - Mike D - 12-14-04

Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock1988 View Post
great people!
I still have my Coach Yauch hoodie...I plan on bringing it out of the closet and wearing it again. Thanks for it Bill!

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
BeastieMommy

I had a professor in grad school who was fond of the phrase "to stand on the shoulders of giants." It touched me then, but it REALLY touches me now as I vascillate between being grief-stricken with sorrow, unable to perform my duties, and the desire to honor Adam by not moping around and letting my sadness and anger rule. I know the right thing to do is to turn this energy positive, but it's so freaking hard. I pledge to invoke my man's memory and energy by climbing right up on those shoulders and starting where he left off. Let us all learn from his path and make Adam proud. Let's be the change. I'm flowin pros to cons, and cons to pros...
Love.