Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Basic As Fuck.

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midzi View Post
Maybe I was naive but it never crossed my mind he could die of this cancer. Never.
yeah true
maybe he got a second hidden one, who knows or he was just too wonderful for this world

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

It has been almost exactly a year since I have logged in here, but WAY longer since I have written anything. This is what I wrote on my tumblr right after I found out:
"I can honestly say that I love MCA more than most members of my family and one of my favorite memories forever will be the summer I bought To The Five Boroughs and made EVERYONE I know listen to it on repeat in my car for the entire summer. Didn’t come out of the cd player for months. The Beastie Boys are my favorite band and they changed my musical life, as well as my life in general. And MCA was my favorite part of that. So this seriously sucks a big one."

But what is weird is that I just moved to South Korea. So everyone who knows me is across the world. And because of that I had been craving familiar things lately. I had been upping the amount of Beasties. I even thought to myself, MAYBE 2-3 days before Yauch passed, "Man, if MCA dies, I am going to lose my shit." And I did.

But what is kind of nice, is I found out because people in the US had posted on my fb (middle of the night for me) stuff like: Sorry about MCA, I know how much you loved the Beastie Boys. Like I knew him. Ha.

Anyway, RIP MCA

It's a harpsicord Kevin, Please say you love it!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM

I have just now considered myself ready to check out the boards. Been enjoying the tributes. You gotta love the love everyone is displaying. For me, I feel like Yauch & the Beasites either taught or led to me to everything that was worth knowing in the world. Nonviolence, respect for all peoples, the interconnectedness of life, and other timeless principles. I feel so fortunate that I had the pleasure of learning such important lessons through the band I loved since I was 7 years old (when License to Ill came out in 1986). It always seemed like I was entering the age when I was ready to understand such lessons as their new albums came out (specifically with regard to Check Your Head, Ill Communication, and Hello Nasty as I was 13, 15, and 19 respectively). As they matured, so did I. They have been as important in setting me on my life's path as anyone I know (immediate family excluded).

"There's nothing here that's not been said before, But I put it down now so I'll be sure, To solidify my own views and I'll be glad if it helps anyone else out too."

It has. Thank you Adam. Namaste.

Ryan
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 AM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randetica View Post
yeah true
maybe he got a second hidden one, who knows or he was just too wonderful for this world
Him being to wonderful for this world is soooo beyond true.
He just didn't deserve to have the life he created taken from him.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.