Old 11-29-2018, 07:49 AM
The name Praying Mantis

Default Re: Book Tour

Email from Ticketmaster states that the exhibition from the USA shows will not be there, either at all or in a reduced form which is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing it.

Whilst I am super excited for tonight (gf and I are getting the train to Marylebone, London shortly) this and the fact that the advertised "guest moderators" who were absent according to reviews from the stateside shows has me wondering about the slight lack of organisation behind the scenes...

Also anyone who booked tickets in the UK, the tickets have been resent via email as the first ones did not have the lead bookers name on them. Please check to ensure you've printed the ones with the name on them AND take ID for the lead bookers or you'll be stood in the cold very unhappy tonight or tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2018, 11:16 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterclamp View Post
Email from Ticketmaster states that the exhibition from the USA shows will not be there, either at all or in a reduced form which is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing it.

Whilst I am super excited for tonight (gf and I are getting the train to Marylebone, London shortly) this and the fact that the advertised "guest moderators" who were absent according to reviews from the stateside shows has me wondering about the slight lack of organisation behind the scenes...

Also anyone who booked tickets in the UK, the tickets have been resent via email as the first ones did not have the lead bookers name on them. Please check to ensure you've printed the ones with the name on them AND take ID for the lead bookers or you'll be stood in the cold very unhappy tonight or tomorrow!
No Yauch, you see.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2018, 10:23 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Talking Re: Book Tour

Such a great weekend! Yesterday the book show in London, and today the book signing event. Although the signing went very rapidly i got a chance to shake hands, say a couple of things to them and got 2 books signed.
Met some people from the board as well as other fans. Unforgettable!
Old 12-01-2018, 10:51 AM

I saw them last night at earth Hackney.l was only about 5 metres away the whole show, l got lucky with the picking of a seat, It was crazy being so close.
Even though l had read the book before going to the show, l had a smile on face the whole time and it was really touching at the end when adam could'nt finish reading the words about their last concert show at bonnaroo 2009 and this irish woman from the crowd had do it for him.
Mix master mike was amazing and l told him so instagram (which he liked).
I tried and failed to get a ticket for the book signing today which will haunt me!
The rare photos shown on the large screens from the Pauls Boutique era are something somehow l need to obtain

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 12-03-2018, 01:53 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Here's a photo of me at the book siging event.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 AM

Friday was an unforgettable moment. We sat down next to the sound desk which was as close as we wanted to be. Such a privilege to be there for the last show as it felt as they were drawing a line under it all. The Don Cornelius/Soul Train part was so funny, which I told Mike on Saturday. Bumped into Don Letts and Simon Pegg at Fridays show too.

The signing was another great moment but very over organised and at times heavy handed. Was a waste dragging that Spike Jonze deck around for two days just on the off chance but hey ho. The guy at Waterstones in charge looked like ex-military so there was no point trying to take the piss.

Had a brief chat with Adam who was super friendly and welcoming. Mike was a little stony faced throughout but still got some smiles from him about the Soul Train part. Joked about the weather and that was it ushered off to the side very quickly.

What a weekend though. Now onto Cypress at Brixton on Wednesday for more Mix Master Mike
Old 12-03-2018, 07:13 PM

its cool to hear about other musicians as fans at these.. someone said somewhere that beck was at one of the shows
Old 12-14-2018, 07:35 AM
technically insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Zip View Post
looks like a dream i had

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 12-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Dear New York

I was the guy right behind you! how bazaar

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-17-2018, 11:16 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Quote:
hell yes, so happy for you man!

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-23-2018, 10:50 AM

This interview is short and funny. I hope they continue to work together in 2019...

https://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wa...-d-and-ad-rock
Old 03-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Dear New York

You were in front of me!!

Quote:

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!